Has anyone used corporate direct (Garrett Sutton) for LLC

Has anyone used corporate direct (Garrett Sutton) for LLC

Bay Area, CA · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 7 votes
Has anyone used corporate direct (Garrett Sutton's law firm) to set up their LLC? I have read his books and I am planning to use them. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Corporate Direct and would like to share their experience. Thank you
0Reply
259 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · TX · Member since 2019 · 303 posts · 364 votes
7y

I went down a long road with Sutton Law / Corporate Direct trying to structure my businesses. PM me if you want the scoop. Anyway, at the end of the long road was a PDF document (the Articles of Organization) for which I was charged $695, plus $102 filing fee (for WY), and a $50 EIN fee. (They give you one year free Registered Agent (RA) service and then charge you $125 per year after that.) 

Two scams here: First there is the $50 EIN fee. I found out that you can get an EIN for free from the IRS in 5 minutes!  The second scam is the $695 for the PDF. It's just a Word doc that they fill in the blanks, click Export to PDF, and then email to you. When I found that out, I asked for the Word Doc file. Lisa claimed: "it's not our policy to provide the doc file but I will ask my manager".  Then Stephanie emailed me and said that Garrett told her to refund my money and say "sorry we could not help you." 

Wyoming Register Agents will set you up with an LLC for $199 and then only charge you $99 per year for registered agent service.

Wyoming Agents only charges a $150 setup fee... or even $125 if you file yourself! Wyoming Agents only charges $25 per year for registered agent service. And I found out you can switch RA's to Wyoming Agents any time, for just $25 per year.

I too was fooled by the "Rich Dad Advisors" badge, but boy was the air let out of my tires. Now I will avoid all of the Rich Dad Advisors.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Own Rentals in the USA | Live in Canada · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Steve Hall:

    I went down a long road with Sutton Law / Corporate Direct trying to structure my businesses. PM me if you want the scoop. Anyway, at the end of the long road was a PDF document (the Articles of Organization) for which I was charged $695, plus $102 filing fee (for WY), and a $50 EIN fee. (They give you one year free Registered Agent (RA) service and then charge you $125 per year after that.) 

    Two scams here: First there is the $50 EIN fee. I found out that you can get an EIN for free from the IRS in 5 minutes!  The second scam is the $695 for the PDF. It's just a Word doc that they fill in the blanks, click Export to PDF, and then email to you. When I found that out, I asked for the Word Doc file. Lisa claimed: "it's not our policy to provide the doc file but I will ask my manager".  Then Stephanie emailed me and said that Garrett told her to refund my money and say "sorry we could not help you." 

    Wyoming Register Agents will set you up with an LLC for $199 and then only charge you $99 per year for registered agent service.

    Wyoming Agents only charges a $150 setup fee... or even $125 if you file yourself! Wyoming Agents only charges $25 per year for registered agent service. And I found out you can switch RA's to Wyoming Agents any time, for just $25 per year.

    I too was fooled by the "Rich Dad Advisors" badge, but boy was the air let out of my tires. Now I will avoid all of the Rich Dad Advisors.


    I have a similar story as Steve. I was fooled by the "Rich Dad Advisor" badge as well. The structure Sutton proposes sounds good, but it is overkill. The startup fees are overpriced and the annual fees will consistently eat into your cash flow. Not worth it.

  • Joseph PalmieroBusiness Member
    CPA · PA · Member since 2023 · 151 posts · 115 votes
    3y

    I had a client use them a year ago.  They seemed  pretty solid and checked all the boxes.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.