Real Estate Tax accountants in California

Real Estate Tax accountants in California

Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 59 votes

Hi everyone,

I have just stepped into the wonderful world of RE investment over the summer. I have always used HR block for my taxes but now that my return will no doubt be significantly more complex considering I own two rental properties I would like to enlist the services of a Real Estate tax professional.

I live in Orange County, CA but my properties are in NC and IN.

I am wondering if anyone can make a recommendation of any accountants that specialize in real estate investment for the purposes of tax that I can work with for my income tax return for 2016 and beyond.

I live in Irvine so any recommendations in the OC area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time.

David

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9y

@David Rutledge,

Don't feel like you need someone local. Many of us accountants work with clients worldwide who own property across the country.

You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/7044...

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor / Attorney · Orange County, CA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    Hi David:

    Feel free to PM me regarding a few contacts I have.

    -Garrett

  • Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @David Rutledge,

    Don't feel like you need someone local. Many of us accountants work with clients worldwide who own property across the country.

    You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

    Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/7044...

    Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

    If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

    For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

    So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

    Feel free to ask here if you have questions

  • Investor · Redding, CA · Member since 2016 · 180 posts · 102 votes
    9y

    Check out Amanda Han and Matthew MacFarland at Keystone CPA. They're in So. Cal. Amanda literally wrote "The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor."

  • Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 59 votes
    9y

    Great tip, I have seen a podcast with Amanda. 

    Thank you so much for the advice.

    David

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.