CPA in the Salt Lake City SLC Utah area

CPA in the Salt Lake City SLC Utah area

Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 25 votes

Hey Guys

It is that tax time of the year again and i have some new investment strategies i am planning on executing this year.  The first step is to get best accountant who primarily focuses on Real Estate investments or at least has proven real estate investment expertise. I am looking for CPA based in general Salt Lake City area in Utah ( Salt Lake / Provo / Ogden, etc...). So i am reaching out to you guys, my Utah peers, who do you recommend ? 

0Reply
23 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Ogden, UT · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 12 votes
    10y
    John haws (Pm for number) Does my grandfathers He has 27 units and claims he is the best this side of the Mississippi That's my 2 cents
  • Investor · Taylorsville, UT · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    I am using sherry accounting in sandy( 9300 south 1300 east ), they are honest and services real estate people

  • CPA · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Austin James:

    He has 27 units and claims he is the best this side of the Mississippi

    That's one of the best lines I've seen. That's a guy that's good at marketing. Probably a great CPA too.

  • Attorney / Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 228 posts · 198 votes
    10y

    Jack, We have three CPAs that we refer out. All with good to great real estate experience. Obviously those with more experience are a bit more expensive. So we can usually match your needs with the right CPA. Just give the office a call.

    Jeff

  • Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    For an accountant do not feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us accountants have clients worldwide. Payroll, bookkeeping, etc can mostly be done remotely.

    Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

    Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

    If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

    For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

    So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

    Feel free to ask here if you have questions.

    If you need a direct referral feel free to PM me as I have a name or two I can give out.

  • Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    Hey Guys

    Thanks for those prompt and great feedback. I will certainly follow up with you. Thanks

    Jack

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.