Here's your TAX SAVING, money making tip

Here's your TAX SAVING, money making tip

Loveland, CO · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 123 votes

Sitting around tonight paying the tax bills on the ppties that we're holding first position paper on. Got to the bottom of the pile and had our two houses and and vacant lots, wrote the checks and realized something:

There's NO PENALTY as long as I pay it by the end of January, we get NO TAX DEDUCTION because we take the STANDARD DEDUCTION. Did some quick math in my head and realized there's no point in taking that money out of the money market fund now when I can do it next month.

Not sure what I'll earn in the MM fund in 30 days, but I drive past the tax office about 3 times a week so it won't even cost me a stamp to pay in January.

Not much, kind of picking nickels out of horse s**t, but every little bit helps.

all cash

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2008 · 143 posts · 1 vote
    20y

    Well for those that are paying a 6/7 figure tax bill it might mean quite a bit.....good advice.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.