I am currently under contract with a wholesale deal that was to close on Monday. The property is being purchased at 103 with an ARV of 375. The wholesale deal is at 81.5. Everything on my side was set to close, and then today the seller is refusing to close on Monday as they have not moved a few pieces of furniture they were supposed to get movers for. This was also not mentioned until today. After I was informed this, I pushed the wholesaler hard as their was no contingencies and I was pushed for a 10 day close. Now the seller has been admitted into the hospital as of this afternoon and is not answering the wholesaler. He was able to talk to the sister who has conveyed this information and is claiming to talk to her sister tomorrow. Additionally, the contract with the wholesaler is set to expire on Monday the 27th. Should I file suit to make them sell the property? Also, am I able to do this, or does it need to be done by the wholesaler?
I do not know that if someone is in the hospital you can force them to close, I am not an attorney, but I doubt any court will find in your favor, closings do not always happen exactly on the day that is planned, even if everyone is healthy and well, the wholesaler here is not the reason for the delay so I am not sure what exactly you can sue him/her for, they are also being held up due to the seller not being well
Just give the person some time to get out of the hospital, closing will probably not happen the very next day either, this is really extenuating circumstance.
I do not know that if someone is in the hospital you can force them to close, I am not an attorney, but I doubt any court will find in your favor, closings do not always happen exactly on the day that is planned, even if everyone is healthy and well, the wholesaler here is not the reason for the delay so I am not sure what exactly you can sue him/her for, they are also being held up due to the seller not being well
Just give the person some time to get out of the hospital, closing will probably not happen the very next day either, this is really extenuating circumstance.
Yeah, I agree with that. My concern is that the wholesale contract expires on Monday as well and that they are saying this to get out of their contract.
I am currently under contract with a wholesale deal that was to close on Monday. The property is being purchased at 103 with an ARV of 375. The wholesale deal is at 81.5. Everything on my side was set to close, and then today the seller is refusing to close on Monday as they have not moved a few pieces of furniture they were supposed to get movers for. This was also not mentioned until today. After I was informed this, I pushed the wholesaler hard as their was no contingencies and I was pushed for a 10 day close. Now the seller has been admitted into the hospital as of this afternoon and is not answering the wholesaler. He was able to talk to the sister who has conveyed this information and is claiming to talk to her sister tomorrow. Additionally, the contract with the wholesaler is set to expire on Monday the 27th. Should I file suit to make them sell the property? Also, am I able to do this, or does it need to be done by the wholesaler?
Are under contract with the wholesaler and they are under contract with the seller?
If so, you cannot sue the owner of the property as you have NO agreement with them. Your agreement is with the wholesaler. You can only sue the wholesaler. Why is the wholesaler not giving you an extension? Seems sketchy on the wholesaler if anyone in this deal.
I’m going to disagree with @Chris Seveney and say whether an assignee could force a sale directly would be a state law issue and heavily dependent upon the contract terms.
Seller financing? Hell no. Cash deal with an express assignability provision? I will lean yes.
I am currently under contract with a wholesale deal that was to close on Monday. The property is being purchased at 103 with an ARV of 375. The wholesale deal is at 81.5. Everything on my side was set to close, and then today the seller is refusing to close on Monday as they have not moved a few pieces of furniture they were supposed to get movers for. This was also not mentioned until today. After I was informed this, I pushed the wholesaler hard as their was no contingencies and I was pushed for a 10 day close. Now the seller has been admitted into the hospital as of this afternoon and is not answering the wholesaler. He was able to talk to the sister who has conveyed this information and is claiming to talk to her sister tomorrow. Additionally, the contract with the wholesaler is set to expire on Monday the 27th. Should I file suit to make them sell the property? Also, am I able to do this, or does it need to be done by the wholesaler?
Can't say for sure, but I'd be careful. Perhaps check with a local attorney before proceeding.
I am currently under contract with a wholesale deal that was to close on Monday. The property is being purchased at 103 with an ARV of 375. The wholesale deal is at 81.5. Everything on my side was set to close, and then today the seller is refusing to close on Monday as they have not moved a few pieces of furniture they were supposed to get movers for. This was also not mentioned until today. After I was informed this, I pushed the wholesaler hard as their was no contingencies and I was pushed for a 10 day close. Now the seller has been admitted into the hospital as of this afternoon and is not answering the wholesaler. He was able to talk to the sister who has conveyed this information and is claiming to talk to her sister tomorrow. Additionally, the contract with the wholesaler is set to expire on Monday the 27th. Should I file suit to make them sell the property? Also, am I able to do this, or does it need to be done by the wholesaler?
Can't say for sure, but I'd be careful. Perhaps check with a local attorney before proceeding.
I am currently under contract with a wholesale deal that was to close on Monday. The property is being purchased at 103 with an ARV of 375. The wholesale deal is at 81.5. Everything on my side was set to close, and then today the seller is refusing to close on Monday as they have not moved a few pieces of furniture they were supposed to get movers for. This was also not mentioned until today. After I was informed this, I pushed the wholesaler hard as their was no contingencies and I was pushed for a 10 day close. Now the seller has been admitted into the hospital as of this afternoon and is not answering the wholesaler. He was able to talk to the sister who has conveyed this information and is claiming to talk to her sister tomorrow. Additionally, the contract with the wholesaler is set to expire on Monday the 27th. Should I file suit to make them sell the property? Also, am I able to do this, or does it need to be done by the wholesaler?
Are under contract with the wholesaler and they are under contract with the seller?
If so, you cannot sue the owner of the property as you have NO agreement with them. Your agreement is with the wholesaler. You can only sue the wholesaler. Why is the wholesaler not giving you an extension? Seems sketchy on the wholesaler if anyone in this deal.
I do not know that if someone is in the hospital you can force them to close, I am not an attorney, but I doubt any court will find in your favor, closings do not always happen exactly on the day that is planned, even if everyone is healthy and well, the wholesaler here is not the reason for the delay so I am not sure what exactly you can sue him/her for, they are also being held up due to the seller not being well
Just give the person some time to get out of the hospital, closing will probably not happen the very next day either, this is really extenuating circumstance.
Sounds like a challenging situation all around
I would not cancel the deal, but if he dies and it goes to the estate and probate you may want to start looking for something else just in case...
Best of luck. ...