Looking for a CPA w/ a mind for Rhode Island real estate

Looking for a CPA w/ a mind for Rhode Island real estate

Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi, everyone --

My husband and I are in the process of selling our first home in Massachusetts. With a business partner, we recently purchased our first three-family home in Providence, which we are currently occupying one unit and renting two units out. We both work full-time with W2 jobs as our main source of income. In the near future, we hope to acquire about one new property every 12-18 months, depending on circumstances. We like small multifamilies, but we're also open to figuring out what makes the most sense in our region, as we feel comfortable and familiar in the Providence metro area (We feel a sense of community here with lots of friends and families, which are the main reason we moved back here from Massachusetts). Anyway, as we continue on this journey, I'm looking for a CPA with a mind for Rhode Island-area real estate investing who can help us with our taxes and also help us create a blueprint for our future investments. Does anyone have recommendations? We're also always looking for good contractors, plumbers, handy-people, etc., so if anyone has recommendations, please let me know. Thank you for reading this post. I'm a big fan of the BP community.

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Providence, RI · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 3 votes
4y

@Nitt Saenbut I am also looking for a real estate minded CPA in Rhode Island. I would be curious to hear about those that come recommended. @Anthony Thompson, thank you!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Buy and Hold Investor · Cranston, RI · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Nitt Saenbut welcome to Bigger Pockets! I have a couple I can recommend to you, though as it’s tax season many are in crunch mode right now.


  • Investor · Providence, RI · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    @Nitt Saenbut I am also looking for a real estate minded CPA in Rhode Island. I would be curious to hear about those that come recommended. @Anthony Thompson, thank you!

  • Attorney · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2022 · 220 posts · 83 votes
    4y

    @Chris Pinault, @Nitt Saenbut

    Try to check Royal Legal Solutions they're great resource for what you are looking for. They are a one stop shop operating in all 50 states have attorneys and CPAs on staff to assist with entity structuring, business planning, and tax planning.

    Thanks,

    -Megan

  • Investor · Providence, RI · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Thank you for the recommendation.

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Thank you again @Anthony Thompson and thank you @Megan Templeton . @Chris Pinault I'll certainly share my experience in the future!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.