How did you find / locate your creative RE attorney?

How did you find / locate your creative RE attorney?

Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 53 votes

Hello all,

I am struggling to find an attorney who will work with investors on creative real estate finance deals.  I've cold called attorneys and have been chewed out about anti equity skimming laws and / or being questioned about my maintaining an RE license or lack thereof.

Any help in tracking down an attorney would be appreciated.  Additionally, understanding WHY it's so hard for investors to find attorneys would be helpful as well. I'm baffled. 

Thanks! 

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Northbrook, IL · Member since 2017 · 719 posts · 549 votes
    7y

    @Account Closed Attorneys are skeptical by default. If they don’t understand what you are trying to do, they may think something is wrong. There are not many attorneys, even among real estate attorneys, that are well versed in creative financing. If you search on here, I’m sure you can find one. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.