Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
John Sokolofsky
Votes |
Seller financing my current personal owned to my LLC and PROTECT myself w/ insurance?

John Sokolofsky
Posted May 9 2024, 11:33

Hello all,

I am looking to move the family to a better home for us. I am considering keeping my current personally owned home/farm and renting it as horse owner property. already completely set for 2-4 horses. my personal interest rate on the property is 2.6% and I don't want to loose it. Can I personally seller finance to a new LLC I start, rent it out with proper insurance through the LLC, and also protect my personal assists if something happens with the renters?

User Stats

Votes
Brian Jackson
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Akron, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Akron, OH
Replied May 9 2024, 11:48

I would not worry so much about the LLC if I were you. Just make sure you have the proper insurances.

Best of luck John!

User Stats

Votes
Tom S.#5 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Votes |
Tom S.#5 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Replied May 9 2024, 16:31

@John Sokolofsky Agree with the above post - good insurance is the key. The personal mortgage will still be in your name regardless of any seller financing to an LLC or title change to an LLC.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kristine Ann
  • Investor
  • WNY/CNY/Adirondacks, New York State
Votes |
  • Investor
  • WNY/CNY/Adirondacks, New York State
Replied May 13 2024, 07:57

Talk to a lawyer for this either way. I personally would put the property into an LLC as part of an overall plan to protect my liability. This would be especially true with a property that has a farm and horses.