HELOC on Investment Property VS Residence Property

HELOC on Investment Property VS Residence Property

New to Real Estate · Rockville, MD · Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 20 votes

Hi all,

I am thinking to utilize HELOC on the next purchase. Any thought on getting HELOC between our own Investment Property VS Residence Property (the home that we live on). Pros and Cons ?. I appreciate your opinion.


Thank you

0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Devin PetersonBusiness Member
    Lender · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2022 · 2k+ posts · 665 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Bagus A.:

    Hi all,

    I am thinking to utilize HELOC on the next purchase. Any thought on getting HELOC between our own Investment Property VS Residence Property (the home that we live on). Pros and Cons ?. I appreciate your opinion.


    Thank you


    A HELOC on your primary will be a lot more affordable than a HELOC on any rental you have. It will also be easier to qualify. HELOCs for investments are a pain because there does not exist a DSCR underwrite much like a cash-out refinance.

  • New to Real Estate · Rockville, MD · Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 20 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Devin Peterson:
    Quote from @Bagus A.:

    Hi all,

    I am thinking to utilize HELOC on the next purchase. Any thought on getting HELOC between our own Investment Property VS Residence Property (the home that we live on). Pros and Cons ?. I appreciate your opinion.


    Thank you


    A HELOC on your primary will be a lot more affordable than a HELOC on any rental you have. It will also be easier to qualify. HELOCs for investments are a pain because there does not exist a DSCR underwrite much like a cash-out refinance.

    Good to know this, thank you for your insight. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.