Fast Close Purchase+Rehab Loan for Owner Occupied Property?

Fast Close Purchase+Rehab Loan for Owner Occupied Property?

Rental Property Investor · West New York, NJ · Member since 2018 · 72 posts · 31 votes

Hi All - I'm looking to implement the "BRR" strategy for my future personal residence and am having trouble finding information on who provides lending in the situation where 1) this will be my primary residence, 2) we will need funding for the purchase as well as renovation costs, and 3) is able to close quickly.

Has anyone done this before or know of any companies that do this? I think the biggest issue is that this is for my primary residence.

I know there is the FHA 203k and Fannie/Freddie products that accomplish this, however, they take too long to close, and I'm looking to make myself look like a cash buyer that can close quickly and indefinitely in as is condition.

Thank you!

0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason WrayPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Justin,

    Feel free to send me your email or reach out - that would be an easy every day scenario!  Also you can check out my profile for more info.

  • Stephanie MedellinBusiness Member
    Mortgage Broker · CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 642 votes
    5y

    @Justin McElroy  I think most lenders who will be financing construction costs along with the purchase will need contractor bids as part of the loan application, and you may need approved building permits before closing.  Those things will likely take the most time.  You should really have an easier time finding a construction loan for a primary residence vs an investment, so that is an advantage.  

    Stephanie Medellin, Loan Factory58 Reviews
  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Justin McElroy:

    Hi All - I'm looking to implement the "BRR" strategy for my future personal residence and am having trouble finding information on who provides lending in the situation where 1) this will be my primary residence, 2) we will need funding for the purchase as well as renovation costs, and 3) is able to close quickly.

    Has anyone done this before or know of any companies that do this? I think the biggest issue is that this is for my primary residence.

    I know there is the FHA 203k and Fannie/Freddie products that accomplish this, however, they take too long to close, and I'm looking to make myself look like a cash buyer that can close quickly and indefinitely in as is condition.

    Thank you!

    Hey Justin

    Because it's an owner occupied transaction, you're going to be subject to TRID rules and guidelines.  What that means is you're not going to find anything that's very fast and you will not make yourself look like a cash buyer, regardless of what anyone tells you.

    Stephanie

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.