And if you do know what product you need, but just need it in your state, then try the state forums here on Bigger Pockets. There's usually some good locals that monitor those. They might be able to provide you some better local recommendations that some dude down in Texas. Just a thought.
Anacortes, WA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 3 votes
7y
I've always heard "no cost" referred when there are no discount points and no lender/processing/underwriting fees. Third party costs would be incurred.
I've always heard "no cost" referred when there are no discount points and no lender/processing/underwriting fees. Third party costs would be incurred.
And thanks for the tip.
To be honest, I've only found that economical with individual loan amounts over $350k or so. Below that, it makes sense to let the lender charge their little $995 or $1500 flat fees, rather than have them bake it into your rate (what else do you think they are doing? :P ).