How likely is it I will be able to get a mortgage for a rental?

How likely is it I will be able to get a mortgage for a rental?

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I'm 21, a student, I have a consistent work history since I was 18, but not earning much, only ~15k a year, I now have a job earning about 25k/year but it is independent contracting and I deduct quite a bit of that income on my taxes. My credit score is above 740. Soon I will have about 20k cash and I want to finance a rental property with 20% down, I'm looking at properties in the 60-70k range. Will I even be able to find banks willing to loan amounts that low? If so, is there any real chance I would qualify for that loan with my stated income being so low? 

EDIT: I should also add that I have pretty much no expenses as I'm living with parents right now who are awesome and allowing me to continue living here for a few years while I save up for a house or two and graduate college

0Reply
6 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    7y

    You can certainly try. 

    I have a lender who helps my clients get financed for $60-70k range all the time and I can introduce you to him, we can see if we can get you financed.

    Send me a private message.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.