How do I keep track of the private money I owe?

How do I keep track of the private money I owe?

Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2011 · 30 posts · 4 votes

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good website or program to track private money lending?

My parents helped me finance a property and I am paying them back over 3 years. I'd like to have a program that will take into account every payment and overpayment and calculate it out amortized over 3 years with the interest rate that we've agreed upon.

Thanks,
Tom

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y

Thomas, the easiest way is to create a loan amortization and include your actual payments and payment info. If you use Excel they have several free download templates that you can get.

You should also document your lending agreements.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Thomas, the easiest way is to create a loan amortization and include your actual payments and payment info. If you use Excel they have several free download templates that you can get.

    You should also document your lending agreements.

  • Real Estate Investor · allentown, PA · Member since 2011 · 90 posts · 4 votes
    15y

    Hi Charles, are you a private leder yourself? I just ask because you seem like you have alot of first hand info. Thanks Doug

  • Breckenridge, CO · Member since 2011 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    Just to echo Charles, I've done some private lending, and never needed more than Excel - even for dealing with late payments, etc.

    --Dave

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Excel is fine. The Mortgage Professor's site is a good one to check out too. He has many templates on there that are free.

    TValue:

    TValue

    may help some too.

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    I recommend TValue as well. I saw that Bryan posted it first so I wasn't going to bother, but then figured a 2nd recommendation wouldn't hurt.

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y

    For money you owe, not money owed to you, Quickbooks Pro component "Loan Manager" has a built in amoritization schedule and will automatically track and calculate each loan you or your company owes.

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.