Question about collateral for a purchase of the new investment?

Question about collateral for a purchase of the new investment?

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 3 votes

Can you use unpaid (with the current mortgage) rental property or portfolio of the rental properties as collateral for a new loan used to purchase another investment property?

What are other types of collateral investors normally use?

0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2016 · 210 posts · 160 votes
    8y

    I would say yes you can. I am by no means an expert but when I went to purchase my 2nd and 3rd property the other mortgages were seen and reviewed.  When it was noted that the rent on the new property would cover the new mortgage payment, I received my pre approval.

    Best of luck.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.