Kansas cash out refi on investment property

Kansas cash out refi on investment property

Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 22 votes

I'm interested in refinancing my investment property in Kansas City, KS to pull some equity out for a new deal. It's currently at 60% LTV. I'm looking to refinance with a 15 year amort. and an interest rate in the high 4% or low 5% range at 80% LTV. Has anyone worked with a bank they'd recommend that offer a loan similar to this? In the Lawrence area preferably, but all of Kansas City and the Metro (lenexa, overland park, olathe) would work as well.

0Reply
10 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Harjeet BhattiPro Member
    Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
    9y

    75% max you can cash out. 

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    I've been trying to do this in Kansas City, MO but haven't had much luck with who I'm working with. Let me know if you find anyone good!
  • Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2017 · 119 posts · 101 votes
    9y

    with a 15 year amortization, you should be able to get much better than high 4's low 5's.  I'm getting a cash out refinance right now at 4.875% on my investment condo with a loan under 100K for 30 years...  If I was getting 15% I believe that would have been .5% lower

  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    9y

    you should check with some local mortgage brokers that have many lenders with more flexible rules. Most if not all banks will have the max cash out ltv at 75%. Brokers will look for a lender that can fund a higher ltv loan. Your rate will be higher when you go above 75% ltv.

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    @Lee Ripma I'm working with Central Nation Bank right now. They offered a 80% LTV at 3.7%, 15 yr for an investment property refinance.

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    Fantastic, thanks Chris!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.