buying a portfolio with 50 rental properties in GA

buying a portfolio with 50 rental properties in GA

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 16 votes

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me here. We are buying a portfolio with 50 rental properties in Macon, GA. That's an hour from Atlanta.

- PP $1.3MM

- 100% occupied

- $28.7k/mo gross rent

- $9.5k/mo expenses

- NOI 230k

- 18% CAP (13% using 50% rule)

- The management company that currently takes care of the properties manages 800 properties in Macon, GA and have only 3 vacancies. Rental market is rock solid in Macon.

The deal is amazing but our previous partner is not picking up the phone lately and we are starting to think he is not in anymore. It could be spring break, but also it could be he is hesitant about about putting such a large amount of money.  Is it too late to find a partner or a private lender for this size of a deal with 10 days left? What would you do if you can't get an extension?

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2015 · 211 posts · 104 votes
9y
I have Private lenders for deals of this magnitude and higher. Call me
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2015 · 211 posts · 104 votes
    9y
    I have Private lenders for deals of this magnitude and higher. Call me
  • Buy and Hold Investor · Greensboro, GA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    John, I really liked this deal for cashflow. I know that it didn't close before. About a month ago. It was for sale most of last year. My lender turned me down dueto the age and location of these homes. What kind of size of a partner are you looking for? Good luck! 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 16 votes
    9y

    @Peter Mokan Send me a PM.  What can you bring to the table here?

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 221 posts · 188 votes
    8y
    @John Quiles Are you interested in a property in Macon,GA? I have one for sale at the moment
  • Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2015 · 379 posts · 180 votes
    8y

    Crew, I'm hoping to chat with @John Quiles directly, but for educational purposes, here are my thoughts from a lending perspective.

    Properties/pools of properties with property values below $50k each are VERY challenging to finance.  These type of properties typically cash-flow like crazy but I would confirm that your lending partner can truly execute on a pool of this variety.

    In my experience, we have only been able to identify one lender that can consistently execute on pools with values like this.

  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2018 · 63 posts · 45 votes
    8y

    @Greg Downey, I'm an investor in Cleveland and we're quickly growing as a turnkey rental provider. I have a client right now looking to purchase a package of 12 properties (11 SFRs and a fourplex) totaling around $775k. Would you know of a lender that's able to provide Commercial Loan on House Packages like this one in the Cleveland area?

  • Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2015 · 379 posts · 180 votes
    8y

    @Peter Ledger, Yes(ish) I'd have to look at what the deal and the borrower looks like too many variables to give  strong opinion.  Drop me a PM

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.