Need help BP_ Looking for a SFR portfolio HELOC or CASH OUT REFI

Need help BP_ Looking for a SFR portfolio HELOC or CASH OUT REFI

Specialist · Northern CA · Member since 2014 · 154 posts · 57 votes

Hey BP

I have called around 7-10 banks last week and having trouble explaining to them what I want. I think its very clear but may be you can see something that I am doing wrong.

I have 6 SFR properties free and clear. I personally have no debt and what I am looking to do is get a blanket HELOC or portfolio HELOC on all my properties so I can make a large purchase on a MHP. A cash out refi would be fine too. All options are open

Please help with whom I would get this type of loan from and what these types of loans are called.

Thanks BP

0Reply
26 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Dyersburg, TN · Member since 2015 · 320 posts · 100 votes
    11y
    Search portfolio lender or do a cash out refi on one of the properties.
  • Specialist · Northern CA · Member since 2014 · 154 posts · 57 votes
    11y

    I need 65-80% LTV on all my properties to afford this MHP. I would love to do a 1031ex. but trying to sell all 6 properties in the time frames is nearly impossible.

    A cash out refi on one property would not work, not enough $

  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed

    You will be able to C/O on 4 of these homes and the max LTV will 75% if they're all SFR's The last 2 won't qualify unless you've owned them for less than 6 months as this might qualify for delayed financing.

    PM me. 

  • Specialist · Northern CA · Member since 2014 · 154 posts · 57 votes
    11y

    Yes they are all SFRs. Why is it that I wouldn't be able to get qualified on all 6? 4 is great but what other options might we have to do all 6

    Look forward to working with you

  • Lender · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 264 posts · 97 votes
    11y

    Hi Anthony, 

    You're looking for a 'Blanket Portfolio loan'. However, on 6 properties, you're usually not going to get one loan for all of them because the values are so low. Most portfolio lenders who'll do a blanket loan will on consider those at about $3-$5m. If you need all 6, to qualify, you can simultaneously do all your properties with a portfolio lender as cash out refi's. You'll get 65 to 75% on each with individual mortgages. Expect to pay about $3600 or so on all the appraisals (assuming all are investment properties).

    If I remember correctly, you said you had excellent credit before, You may even have an option for all conventional financing with a bank who'll do more than the 4 financed properties.

  • Specialist · Northern CA · Member since 2014 · 154 posts · 57 votes
    11y

    Thank you @Robert Sepulveda. I was disappointed to hear that I need to do them all separate which will require fees for all of them but I must deal with it.

    There are no other alternative besides doing a cash out refi individually on each property?

  • Lender · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 264 posts · 97 votes
    11y

    As far as I know, that's it other than if you can find a local commercial lender who likes the area of your properties and will do a blanket over the small pool you have. 

    It's probably with a try, but you can Definately get the cash out you need otherwise. 

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2010 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Try B2R - they do blanket portfolio loans, but have some hefty reserves and prepay penalties to watch

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.