Can someone advise me - Working with hedge fund for commercial assignments

Can someone advise me - Working with hedge fund for commercial assignments

Real Estate Consultant · USA · Member since 2024 · 41 posts · 7 votes

Hi everyone, 

I'm working with a hedge fund in locating commercial multifamily to assign over to them. Is there anything that I should do to make sure that the fund doesn't go behind my back to get the property?

1Reply
11 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jackson S.:

    Hi everyone, 

    I'm working with a hedge fund in locating commercial multifamily to assign over to them. Is there anything that I should do to make sure that the fund doesn't go behind my back to get the property?

    Yes, get pricing they they could not get on their own.
  • Real Estate Consultant · USA · Member since 2024 · 41 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    Yeah makes sense - the thing is they will pay market price for a lot of these my friend. They're not like residential buyers.

  • Real Estate Broker · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 165 posts · 100 votes
    2y

    @Jackson S. if this is a large hedge fund that is publicly traded, then they are working with numerous brokers and wholesalers alike to find and acquire deals. Have a solid NDA/buyer representation agreement on hand that is sent in advance of any deal you send to them. This document will memorialize the terms of your agreement, what your fee is, what your involvement will be, and dates for everything. More than anything else, you have to show you were the first one to show them the deal and that you had a pre-committed agreement and fee for bringing them the deal. If I were you, I would be marketing the same deal to numerous buyers in case the first one walked and you're on a timeline for wholesaling it. Good luck. Happy to connect if helpful.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.