Easiest HELOC right now?

Easiest HELOC right now?

Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2012 · 4 posts · 5 votes

I need to pull out about 100K from my personal residence for a project. I just started an application with Bank of America, which is where I do my banking, but damn, they want a complete application with records on all six of my properties, P&L statements, insurance riders, and the whole nine yards. This seems like overkill for a line of credit. 

Wondering if there is a simpler way. Any tips? I'm in Tennessee. It must be a "line of credit" where I can make draws, and not a home equity loan. 
Thanks! 

2Reply
48 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stephanie MedellinBusiness Member
    Mortgage Broker · CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 644 votes
    2y

    I'd guess that this is fairly standard. The lenders I work with for HELOCs and HELOANs underwrite them like any other loan. They need the records for your rental properties to verify and calculate the PITI. They need the insurance declaration pages (1-2 pages showing the annual premium and the insurance agency contact info), property tax bill, and mortgage statement. You should be able to download these things and send to them digitally. P&L sounds like it might be for self employment income.

    Stephanie Medellin, Loan Factory58 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2012 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    2y

    Yeah, it's just SO much work. I have 500k in equity in my primary home and probably a million in equity on my investment properties. One of which is owned free-and-clear. They want this for every home. There must be an easier option. Who has this much time?

  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940 · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 319 votes
    2y

    Yes when going for a personal full doc it will require all of that documentation . Investment properties are easier to work with . What are the equity positions looking like in your investment properties ? 

  • Grant SchroederPro Member
    Lender · OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN MT · Member since 2018 · 599 posts · 312 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Stephanie Crawford:

    I need to pull out about 100K from my personal residence for a project. I just started an application with Bank of America, which is where I do my banking, but damn, they want a complete application with records on all six of my properties, P&L statements, insurance riders, and the whole nine yards. This seems like overkill for a line of credit. 

    Wondering if there is a simpler way. Any tips? I'm in Tennessee. It must be a "line of credit" where I can make draws, and not a home equity loan. 
    Thanks! 

     @Stephanie Crawford at Movement Mortgage, we have a quick and simple low doc 5-10 business day close HELOC that you can use for this to avodi the headaches of the big banks!

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    2y

    I ran into the same thing with TD Bank and then shifted to First Citizens and closed within a week or two.  Try them.  The drive by appraisal was low but I did not need max leverage.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.