Any lenders that do small self-storage deals (<500k loans)?

Any lenders that do small self-storage deals (<500k loans)?

Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2012 · 269 posts · 187 votes

I'm actively looking to refinance some small self-storage assets. Current LTVs are ~40%. Seeking a higher LTV cash-out refi. Properties located in small markets in the Carolinas.

Anyone have any recommendations?

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2024 · 700 posts · 284 votes
2y

I've gotten a few of these done, let's connect if you are interested.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    We do them, but I would want to make sure it makes sense for you. I won't do loans for people if it's not in their best interests to do. Keep in mind that rates are higher than they were 4 years ago. Why do you want to refinance? What is your current rate? Is it a balloon? If so, when does it mature? Is this just to refinance rate/term or are you taking cash out? Is there anything wrong with the collateral property? Is it rural, suburban, or urban? How does the property cash-flow? There are also a lot of questions we would have for you personally regarding credit and liquidity. We do them, but one can't be all things to all people. I often refer out loans, particularly to community banks, if their deal would be better. 

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2012 · 269 posts · 187 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Doug Smith:

    We do them, but I would want to make sure it makes sense for you. I won't do loans for people if it's not in their best interests to do. Keep in mind that rates are higher than they were 4 years ago. Why do you want to refinance? What is your current rate? Is it a balloon? If so, when does it mature? Is this just to refinance rate/term or are you taking cash out? Is there anything wrong with the collateral property? Is it rural, suburban, or urban? How does the property cash-flow? There are also a lot of questions we would have for you personally regarding credit and liquidity. We do them, but one can't be all things to all people. I often refer out loans, particularly to community banks, if their deal would be better. 


     PM sent

  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2024 · 700 posts · 284 votes
    2y

    I've gotten a few of these done, let's connect if you are interested.

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2012 · 269 posts · 187 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Brandon Croucier:

    I've gotten a few of these done, let's connect if you are interested.


     Email sent

  • Rental Property Investor · Mooresville, NC · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi Paul, 

    You can use an SBA loan to purchase a self storage building as this type of asset is considered a business. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.