how to find anything to do with investing in canada?

how to find anything to do with investing in canada?

Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi guys im new here. I am lookking to get into the space but all information i find is all on US market/house/etc.  Does the same principals apply in Canada? where could i find information on this?

Thank you

0Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Calgary, AB · Member since 2021 · 327 posts · 176 votes
4y
Quote from @William Floyd:

Hi guys im new here. I am lookking to get into the space but all information i find is all on US market/house/etc.  Does the same principals apply in Canada? where could i find information on this?

Thank you

 Lot of the principles apply! BP is a great resource for real estate in general. Some of the general 'rules' such as the 1% rule is very hard to achieve in Canada. I'm looking to build a bit of a Canadian community just using reddit for now, I can link you if you are interested. Welcome to real estate investing!
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Calgary, AB · Member since 2021 · 327 posts · 176 votes
    4y
    Quote from @William Floyd:

    Hi guys im new here. I am lookking to get into the space but all information i find is all on US market/house/etc.  Does the same principals apply in Canada? where could i find information on this?

    Thank you

     Lot of the principles apply! BP is a great resource for real estate in general. Some of the general 'rules' such as the 1% rule is very hard to achieve in Canada. I'm looking to build a bit of a Canadian community just using reddit for now, I can link you if you are interested. Welcome to real estate investing!
  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Hey Stevo, thanks for the reply. Yes send me the link please, is there any books you recommend to get started, besides rich dad poor dad.

    i'm in the Montreal,Qc. I want to get started in in house hacking my first property and move on, my biggest question is about financing and other creative financing ways but all bit confusing. There's so many different information out there, like that while subto thing and i'm not sure what applies to Canada or US.

  • Calgary, AB · Member since 2021 · 327 posts · 176 votes
    4y
    Quote from @William Floyd:

    Hey Stevo, thanks for the reply. Yes send me the link please, is there any books you recommend to get started, besides rich dad poor dad.

    i'm in the Montreal,Qc. I want to get started in in house hacking my first property and move on, my biggest question is about financing and other creative financing ways but all bit confusing. There's so many different information out there, like that while subto thing and i'm not sure what applies to Canada or US.

    I will DM you the subreddit.
  • Rental Property Investor · Edmonton, Alberta · Member since 2015 · 307 posts · 200 votes
    4y
    Quote from @William Floyd:

    Hi guys im new here. I am lookking to get into the space but all information i find is all on US market/house/etc.  Does the same principals apply in Canada? where could i find information on this?

    Thank you

    There are a lot of Canadians on BPs too, you just have to search for them. Search Montreal and Quebec and add those words into the alerts features so anytime someone mentions those locations, you get an email notification. 

    There are even more investors on Facebook in various groups. Look up “Real Estate Investors of Montreal”. I know one of the admins and she is a great resource. 

    First step is you find a recommendation for a investor focused mortgage broker in Quebec and then they will help you navigate the rules in your province. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.