Anyone Invest in Single or multifamily in Hastings Nebraska

Anyone Invest in Single or multifamily in Hastings Nebraska

Rental Property Investor · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 2 votes

I’ve been looking into my first out of state investment property but wanted to get something within 5 hours from home (Fort Collins CO) if possible. Just wanted to get a feel for a little longer distance investing before I try my hand across country. Was wondering if anyone has had any luck in Hastings Nebraska? If so what kind of property and what kind of cash flow are you looking at? Any other advice or input on the area is also appreciated

Thank you Kindly, Steven

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hi Steven, I live in Foco as well and go to Nebraska quite a bit on trips to Western/Middle of Nebraska to go fishing and hunting with my significant other.  If you have been to Hastings, it's relatively small at about a population of 24,000 people.  It depends what you are trying to do with your investment property. The prices are cheap, which is nice, but in my personal opinion I would do an airbnb for hunters or something near Lake McConaughy so there is something more to do!  Not sure what the rents are like around there/what range of people are looking for regular long term rentals in that area.   Hope that helps! Kim

  • Investor · Northern Colorado · Member since 2019 · 49 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    Hi @Steven Thinnes

    Living in FoCo I have kicked around the idea of investing in Nebraska.  I like the idea that Kim brings up about doing destination Airbnb targeted at hunters if it would have others who frequent the area outside of hunting season.  (Admittedly I don't know much about hunting.) Lincoln is only about an hour farther out than Hastings, what about looking there?  It has a larger population with a stronger job market and a college that would drive rental prices.  It would be at least be easier to analyze the market and find deals.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.