Introduction and Questions from a Newbie

Introduction and Questions from a Newbie

Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hey all,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm looking forward to learning more from the community here. 

I'm looking to get into real estate investing, but it's all quite overwhelming and it's difficult to know where to start! After my initial research, I think I might want to try looking into a rehab/flip or rehab/rent (buying fixer uppers in established neighborhoods, ideally where I can eventually build an ADU on the lot,) and down the line move towards lots zoned for multifamily properties on large lots (to maximize the real estate, or have off half the lot and build another dwelling on the new lot.)

My first question - does the above plan seem to make sense for a newbie investor?

My second question -My big conundrum.... I live in NYC and wouldn't plan on doing this here. My question for those more experienced. Is anyone having success doing this/managing the process in other states from a distance? 


Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone wants to steer me towards any helpful books or resources I'd love to hear them. 


Thanks, and looking forward to learning from you all!

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lindsey BuxtonPro Member
    Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 111 posts · 97 votes
    5y

    Hi Lou! Wanted to share that BiggerPockets is launching a 12 week Rookie Bootcamp in late August, with Ashley Kehr leading the way. She's the host of the Real Estate Rookie podcast. It'll be a mix of on demand videos, live Q&A sessions, and a step-by-step curriculum to help you get your next deal. Sharing in case it would be helpful to get the gears turning as a newbie! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.