general beginner RE question

general beginner RE question

Homeowner · Council Bluffs, IA · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 0 votes

I know of some properties that are for sure bank owned properties. At one time I knew a guy who told me his home was foreclosed on, and it has been sitting vacant for 2+ years. Also, I do home health and a patient and I were walking outside and I just asked about a home down the street. He said, yeah that has been that way since the bank took over. So, knowing these things, where do I go from there to track down who actually owns these type of properties, or how do i go about finding who to talk to about properties? Are there certain departments at a bank to call and ask this information, or is there a department with the city/county to ask about who owns the property? Thanks

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · nowhere, TX · Member since 2012 · 242 posts · 84 votes
    13y

    You can use this website for Douglas County Nebraska to find the name of the property owner

    http://douglascone.wgxtreme.com/

    Just put in the street number and street name. I'm not sure how often it's updated.

    Once you find the property, double click it at the bottom of the screen and a new window will come up with more information on the property.

  • Homeowner · Council Bluffs, IA · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    I FORGOT TO PUT THAT IN THE QUESTION I GUESS. I GO TO THE COUNTY ASSESSORS WEBSITES FOR THESE PROPERTIES AND THEY SAY THE PERSON WHO USED TO BE THE OWNER. 2 OF THEM I KNOW BECAUSE THE HOUSE IS ACROSS THE STREET FROM MY IN-LAWS AND THE OTHER IS A GUY I KNOW FROM THE TIRE STORE MY COUSIN OWNS AND HE WORKS THERE. IN BOTH CASES THE OWNERS ARE LISTED STILL AS THE PEOPLE ON THE COUNTY ASSESSORS PAGE, BUT THESE GUYS ARE OUT AND HAVE BEEN FOR A WHILE.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.