General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
JR Rivas
Votes |
Where have your best deals come from?

JR Rivas
Posted Dec 3 2020, 10:32

Hey BP! I'm looking to set up some systems to automate deal flow. 

Before I do that I want to know where it makes sense to focus my time the most first.

In order to do that I'd like to know, where did your best deal EVER come from?

& where have the majority of your deals come from?

Fix & Flip, BRRRR or buy and hold is fine.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Ujwal Velagapudi
  • Investor/Agent/Entrepreneur
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor/Agent/Entrepreneur
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Dec 3 2020, 10:46

Mostly bought commercial, and it all came off market. Craigslist yielded great results early on, referral, and reaching out to a seller of expired listings. SFH I bought a bunch via county tax auctions which were decent buys. All took a lot of leg work and effort, but they yielded the best results. So any method off market will definitely yield your best results.

Single most, 'best deal ever", came from an expired listing that a broker used to have. He just told me about it saying he tried to sell for 7 years, and never could. Negotiated with the 85 year old seller, had multiple hurdles along the way, but finally closed. Within a 3 year period it yielded a 6x return. 

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied Dec 3 2020, 12:35

I am an agent and source deals out to investors. Where I typically find the best deals is cold texting/calling and networking. MLS and wholesalers are another consistent stream on good deals.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes