Buy your first house or keep renting and invest in RE?

Buy your first house or keep renting and invest in RE?

Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Im in between buying my first house in the Palm beach, FL market or keep paying rent and start investing in RE so I could buy later?

0Reply
21 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    I'm down in Miami myself and with the prices I see down here, I'm going to keep renting and socking away money to buy a rental elsewhere. 

    Another possibility that I'm thinking is buying a Duplex and house hacking so maybe that's something that you can look into? 

  • Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Thank you. That sounds great. 

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 150 posts · 54 votes
    5y

    Hey Elionay,

    Yes, I agree with @Jorge Rodriguez the best way is to invest in a duplex. If you are saving money now but have the idea of buying down the road that's great.

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 377 posts · 258 votes
    5y

    I think there are a lot of factors that go into the decision you're about to make. For example, how much capital you have saved now? Are you looking to wholesale, flip, or buy and hold? If flipping or buy and hold, what is the price point of property you are looking to to purchase? Are you using only your money or do you have a partner, private money, or using a HML?

    These are just a few questions to ask yourself to get the juices flowing. I would say house hacking, to start your RE investing journey, is sometimes the best idea. 

    I hope this helps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.