Invest all cash in a new property?

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    You can but mathematically the return will be less but there can be psychological benefits to all cash

  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks Aaron

    I am in the dilemma of buying a property all cash with the advantage of buying it 30% below market price and have this capital gain in my pocket or diversify buying more than 1 property giving down payments but paying market price today.

  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Eduardo Paz What is preventing you from buying the one property cash today and then refinancing it in a few months and then carrying on?

  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Aaron K. That could be a good strategy. I will find out more about refinance. At the moment I think that buying all cash in and have capital gains in my favor could be the best step, thanks

  • Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2017 · 230 posts · 200 votes
    7y

    I do all cash deals to get a leg up in a competitive market - usually sellers prefer cash buyers who can quickly close the deal.  Then I do refinance (usually within 1 year) after I place a long term tenant.  

  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks Edward, that's what I planning to do, invest all cash, keep the capital gain and then refinance after 1 period to continue looking for opportunities

  • Investor · The Creek, WV · Member since 2014 · 890 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Eduardo Paz:

    Thanks Aaron

    I am in the dilemma of buying a property all cash with the advantage of buying it 30% below market price and have this capital gain in my pocket or diversify buying more than 1 property giving down payments but paying market price today.

    Pay cash to buy below market value. Then fix the place up and do a cash out refinance or HELOC and pull your money back out. That's exactly what I do.

  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Derrick E. Thanks Derrick

    Seems to be the most strategic step and then refinance to continue growing my portofolio of properties

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.