Seeking Contacts in Oklahoma City and Norman, OK

Seeking Contacts in Oklahoma City and Norman, OK

Tenzin GyaltsenPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 8 votes

Hi All,

I'm seeking to find a few contacts in the OKC and Norman area. I'm a realtor out in Denver with a heavy focus on flips and I've got family out in Norman. Because Denver is relatively expensive and the rental market is tight, I'm interested in seeing if I can get BRRRR property there and I'd like to start building a team. I think I found a pretty solid company that can help with renovations and project management but I'm still missing a few people I need! Your referral for the following people would be greatly appreciated:

1. Knowledgeable Realtor (that has time for an investor)

2. Reliable Wholesaler

3. Hard Money Lender, preferably not a huge company

4. Property Manager

Now I know from personal experience, recommending people can be tough... they may have done a good job for you in the past but end up dropping the ball for someone else.  I'm not worried, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!


Secondarily, can anyone direct me to a REI Group in either place? Facebook group or anything works.

I'm headed out there in a couple weeks or so and would love to line up a few people to meet with!

Thanks in advance,

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Mustang, OK · Member since 2018 · 154 posts · 110 votes
7y

There are quite a few RE groups that I've found via meetup.com

  • Oklahoma City Real Estate Investors Association
  • OKC Real Estate Investors
  • Oklahoma City Real Estate Investors Happy Hour
  • Bricktown OKC REI Level Up

I could suggest contacting either @Cassi Justiz and @Dylan B., to find out if they meet your criteria to work with.

I'm not familiar with who to recommend as an HML, or a Property Manager, yet.

What are you specifically looking for in a wholesaler?

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mustang, OK · Member since 2018 · 154 posts · 110 votes
    7y

    There are quite a few RE groups that I've found via meetup.com

    • Oklahoma City Real Estate Investors Association
    • OKC Real Estate Investors
    • Oklahoma City Real Estate Investors Happy Hour
    • Bricktown OKC REI Level Up

    I could suggest contacting either @Cassi Justiz and @Dylan B., to find out if they meet your criteria to work with.

    I'm not familiar with who to recommend as an HML, or a Property Manager, yet.

    What are you specifically looking for in a wholesaler?

  • Tenzin GyaltsenPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Kurt Michaelson

    Thank you for your response!  I'll look into the groups you suggested, meetup is a great idea and I'll PM both of those people and see if there's a match to be had!

    As for your question on the wholesaler... Wholesalers seem to be like rolling some dice. You could get snake eyes or you can get a 12! From my experience, there are a whole lot of "wholesalers" trying to get their foot in the door and have no actual experience or knowledge. I just need someone who tends to tie up actual deals. It helps if their rehab estimate is somewhat accurate but I've learned to completely ignore it, run my own numbers and see if it works. If you have a decent wholesaler, they should be sending over a deal every now and again. I have wholesalers here in Denver that tend to send over overpriced garbage consistently. The ARV is usually too high and the rehab estimate is too low. I often see properties labeled as a "cosmetic rehabs" and find out upon entry that it's much more than cosmetic. I'm just looking for someone or a company that has a pretty good footing and sends over some decent properties!

    Thanks again!

  • Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Tenzin Gyaltsen sign up for the Oklahoma City Real Estate Investors facebook page. You can get some good information as well as making contacts. Nathan Miller with Keller Williams has both residential and commercial experience. Will do you a great job. Not able to make a sound recommendation on property manager.  @Kurt Michaelson was dead on with meet up groups. 

    Allen Smith

  • Tenzin GyaltsenPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Allen Smith  Hey Allen, thanks a lot for the suggestion!  I sent in my info via FB, I'm sure I'll be in by tomorrow!  I'll looking into Nathan Miller as well!  Thanks,

  • Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Kurt Michaelson

    Thank you for the mention! 

    @Tenzin Gyaltsen  Local Guys Buy Houses and Speeedy House Buyers (with 3 E's) both move a lot of inventory and have a solid reputations. They would be a good place to start. 

    The hard thing that I've found with wholesalers that actually do lock down properties, (even in the OKC market) is that even the wholesale properties are going for 85-90%+ of ARV once you factor in rehabs.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.