New to real estate and looking for a little advice

New to real estate and looking for a little advice

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 5 votes
Hey, everyone I’m new to real estate and looking forward to wholesaling. Should I look for buyers first or should look for deals first. I just recently finished up an online course called the real estatr money club with learning the basics and still a little confused.
1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Drums, PA · Member since 2017 · 345 posts · 365 votes
7y
@Kamira Collier First things first, find a property and get it under contract. Once you have something worth selling, you’ll have no problem finding buyers! That’s exactly how you’ll know if you’re done a good job or not. I’ve been contacted by “wholesalers” who never have deals to sell. Those guys get blocked on my phone. On the other hand, wholesalers that have good deals and especially ones I’ve bought from before... I touch base with them every week of 2.
See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Drums, PA · Member since 2017 · 345 posts · 365 votes
    7y
    @Kamira Collier First things first, find a property and get it under contract. Once you have something worth selling, you’ll have no problem finding buyers! That’s exactly how you’ll know if you’re done a good job or not. I’ve been contacted by “wholesalers” who never have deals to sell. Those guys get blocked on my phone. On the other hand, wholesalers that have good deals and especially ones I’ve bought from before... I touch base with them every week of 2.
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Kamira Collier

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    @Kamira Collier

    Great that you joined the site!

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts. I’m in Philadelphia, so I set my keyword alerts for topics and subjects in Philadelphia. I attend a few Real Estate Investment clubs as well as host some myself. 

    Read The Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    If you're looking to get started and do your business in Philadelphia, I could be of some value to you. What are you confused about regarding wholesaling in Philadelphia? 

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Mike Dorneman thanks for that Mike. Basically buyers don’t like phone calls if there is no deal ?lol
  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @George Blower Thank you.
  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Jerome Lewis Jr Thank you. More so of putting the contacts together and the closing part. For example, double closing.
  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Jerome Lewis Jr And I am looking forward to working with you.
  • Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 36 votes
    7y
    @Kamira Collier get the book by lisa phillips real estate for beginners. Check out here podcast and take notes.
  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Aaron Maxwell Thank you. Will do.
  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Aaron Maxwell Is her podcast on here or Apple podcast ?
  • Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 36 votes
    7y

    you can you tube her and google her book 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 80 posts · 51 votes
    7y

    I'm just starting on this too, but everything I've read points to getting the property under contract first.  It's difficult to sell something that you don't have.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Jim S. Alright thank you.
  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 157 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    Hi @Kamira Collier, like many people have already said getting the deal is more important than finding buyers. Especially now with all of these networking sites once you have a deal you can market it in so many ways such as here on BP in the marketplace, craigslist, connected investor, meetup, etc.. 

    Try to build up your buyer's list by networking on these sites and it will grow pretty quick, especially if you have some solid deals. 

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Chris Martino Well, put together. Thank you so much for the sources and the advice. I’m get to find deals and more networking.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.