How is it like being a real estate agent & investor?

How is it like being a real estate agent & investor?

Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 5 votes

Hey BP community,

How is it like being an investor and an agent? I'd figure all real estate agents would invest as well, but slowly finding out it's not the case. Is it too much of a hassle? Complications that come with it? I plan on being an agent one day, what are some tactics you would give to someone who wants to invest and be an agent as well?  

Thank You

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
8y

Good. I got my RE license for one main reason: To avoid having to deal with agents as much. I hated having to use someone for offers, or to view, or to post on MLS. Now I can do it myself.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    Good. I got my RE license for one main reason: To avoid having to deal with agents as much. I hated having to use someone for offers, or to view, or to post on MLS. Now I can do it myself.

  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @Account Closed It's interesting. Being in and out of houses all day, every day give you insight on market conditions and allows you to take a pretty solid guess at ARV before you even run the numbers.

    We still suffer some of the regular problems though - like finding contractors who will show up on time and stay on budget.

    I have contacted about a half dozen paving contractors to look at a job at my home.  4 never returned the calls, two showed up and promised estimates.  I've received nothing from either.

    Still, I'm on the prowl for my next project!

  • Property Manager · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I love it, I think there is great synergy that allows me to build two businesses.  I suggest you make sure you keep a tight budget on both your businesses and your personal finances.  Being an investor and being an agent involves wild swings in monthly income - make sure you're prepared.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.