Kankakee / Bradley / Bourbonais Illinois Rental Market?

Kankakee / Bradley / Bourbonais Illinois Rental Market?

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Anyone doing rentals in the Kankakee County area?  SFRs? Multi-family?

Any trouble finding good, long term tenants consistently? 

0Reply
22 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Manteno, IL · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Brad, Yes I have rentals in that area, tenants are easy to find. We have both SFR and Multi rentals. Let me know if you have any questions about the area.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the response Brian. 

    What kind of rents are you seeing for SFR?

    Any experience with Riverview and the west side of Kankakee specifically?  Seems to be a lot of relatively low priced housing stock in those neighborhoods, but I wonder if it's harder to find good tenants in those areas compared to Bourbonais. 

    Thanks again!

  • Rental Property Investor · Manteno, IL · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Brad, it can be street by street in those areas,  I see you are from California,   why are you attracted to our area,  just wondering.  

    The quality of tenants will be vary widely in our area and also the rents and housing prices do too.   

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Gotcha,  I suspected as much having grown up in Riverview where your fate can change drastically from block to block.   I was born and raised in Kankakee.  My parents still live in Riverview.   

    I live in Los Angeles,  which is obviously a super competitive market with high barriers to entry.   Since I know Kankakee and have family there, I thought it would be worth seeing if the market makes sense for me.

    I'm planning on doing buy and hold.  Still not sure if I want to focus on SFRs or Multifamily.  

    Would love to hear more about your business.  Can I shoot you an email?

  • Westchester, IL · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    I'm also interested in this market as well. I'm in the near western burbs of Chicago and I have considered expanding my search to this area. @Brian Hoots would you mind if I PM'd you a few questions?

  • Rental Property Investor · Manteno, IL · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @David Ocampo    Sure I will do my best to answer any questions.   

    @Brad J Breeck   Sorry just saw that you responded,   PM me and I can send you my email.   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.