Beaumont, TX - An opportunity has come up to invest.

Beaumont, TX - An opportunity has come up to invest.

Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 8 votes

Hello everyone, an opportunity to invest in Beaumont Texas has come up and I would like to find out how the job and rental market looks like in this town. 

Also, how much can you rent a 2br /1bd apartment in a class C property in this area?

Any help or info is much appreciated.

Jeff.

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Software Developer · Vidor, TX · Member since 2015 · 922 posts · 639 votes
9y

I would say anywhere from 450 to 650'ish.  If you look in old town, on Mcfaddin you have C class properties that rent for 495, 650 and etc.  Four streets over towards the interstate, you have Ashley and their ilk that 2/1 rent for 1,000+.  You have the port and county employment near by.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Software Developer · Vidor, TX · Member since 2015 · 922 posts · 639 votes
    9y

    I would say anywhere from 450 to 650'ish.  If you look in old town, on Mcfaddin you have C class properties that rent for 495, 650 and etc.  Four streets over towards the interstate, you have Ashley and their ilk that 2/1 rent for 1,000+.  You have the port and county employment near by.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    Jeff: If you wish I can steer you to a PM company in Beaumont. I am from there and still have a unit there. She might be a good source of information and help guide you to make the right decision. Feel free to PM me.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the info @Justin Fox and @John Thedford please - I would be very much interested in speaking with her. Thank you both.

  • Rental Property Investor · Beaumont, TX · Member since 2015 · 161 posts · 77 votes
    9y
    Jeff Chapz job market in Beaumont is good - many chemical plants and a busy port. Market is pretty healthy right now.
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    I appreciate the info @Alex Saleeby.

  • Property Manager · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    The Beaumont market is amazing and you can find some really good deals! My business partner and myself have been rental property managers in that area for about 9 years now, its quite amazing to see this market grow. The area that are you looking in will determine the rental amount. You have some 2 bedrooms that will rent from 450-700 to a few streets over they can go up to 1200. I know an amazing real estate agent that my company works with hand in hand to help investors get started in the right direction. If you would like her information please let me know!!   And of course, if you have any other questions regarding rental or property manager side i will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have there as well! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Thank you @Kimberly Daughtrey - you are very kind. I would I appreciate if you PM her information.

    Have a nice day.

    Jeff.

  • Laguna Niguel, CA · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Jeff Chapz did you end up buying rental property in Beaumont ? If yes, can you share your experience? I am looking at 2 bed 1 bath unit currently near oak historic district . Was rod that rent can be $1000 per month for 1000 sqft 3 beds 1 bath. Thanks
  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 179 posts · 71 votes
    8y

    @Jeff Chapz please share your experience investing in Beaumont TX. I’m looking at 16+ apartment building and wanted some unbiased feed back about the market before I put “boots on the ground”.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    Hi Kenneth, I actually own 28 apartments in the north east side of San Antonio and planning to 1031 in about 3 months to something bigger, hopefully I'm S.A again. 

    Jeff.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.