Seeking wholesalers and connections in Macomb County Michigan

Seeking wholesalers and connections in Macomb County Michigan

Investor · Harrison Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 131 posts · 45 votes

Hey all!

Our investing firm is looking to build some relationships in the Macomb county Michigan area.

We do a lot of direct mail and have a strong web presence. The leads are trickling in but we'd really like to ramp up our rentals (I'm itching to quit my day job!!) 

We're most interested in BRRR opportunities. I can provide more details via private message as well.

Obviously wholesalers are welcome but we'd also like to connect with attorneys and investor friendly agents as well.

I'm very well versed in web design and SEO, so I'd be happy to offer up any advice on that topic to anyone interested. 

We're looking forward to making some new business friends!

2Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Wendy PattonBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 859 posts · 350 votes
10y

Check out the MREI meeting tonight for FREE with a guest pass to network!

Michigan Real Estate Investors533 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dylan TanakaPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Detroit, MI · Member since 2008 · 455 posts · 178 votes
    10y
    Hi Ryan York I'm always looking to connect with local investors. I wholesale and buy wholesales all over the tri-county area. Also if you're interested in meeting more investors in person check out the local REIAS. There's one in Macomb on the 29th, check my sig. Look forward to meeting you soon.
  • Wendy PattonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 859 posts · 350 votes
    10y

    Check out the MREI meeting tonight for FREE with a guest pass to network!

    Michigan Real Estate Investors533 Reviews
  • Wholesaler · Utica, MI · Member since 2013 · 133 posts · 36 votes
    10y

    Hi @Ryan York I'm a full time wholesaler from Shelby Twp and come across deals all over Macomb county.  Feel free to reach out any time.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chesterfield, MI · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 35 votes
    10y
    Hi Ryan, I'm not too far from you and I am looking for deals throughout Macomb as well as Wayne and Oakland Counties I'm fairly new but I am looking for wholesale deals and also ones for flipping as well. If I come across any good multi family properties,I will let you know. I'm very interested in how your direct mail campaign is going.
  • Investor · Harrison Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 131 posts · 45 votes
    10y

    Thanks for all the replies guys and girls! I'll reach out to each of you.

  • Investor · Harrison Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 131 posts · 45 votes
    10y

    @Jim Bowser our direct mail campaign is going ok, not great. Our response rate has been pretty typical of what you'll find everyone saying - anywhere from 1-3%. However, we have not yet secured a deal as a result of our mailers, which is very frustrating. We've come close multiple times to hit a snag somewhere. We've had a couple mortgages that the seller didn't mention and just been generally too thin on a few others where the seller wouldn't budge. We haven't sent out a ton of mailers yet, somewhere around 4000-5000 in under a year. 

    We recently partnered with an investor that's paying us to do his marketing as well, which will significantly boost our output to about 3500 pieces per month. We were only doing about 500 per month on our budget, so it's a pretty significant boost for us. The added monthly income for managing his marketing is really nice for us as well. We've just started the increased output, so I don't have any data on that yet.

  • Investor · Harrison Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 131 posts · 45 votes
    10y

    @Wendy Patton I was going to go but I had a previous thing set! Super bummed. My partner and I will be at the next one though. I wish they weren't a month apart :(

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chesterfield, MI · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    Ryan, as I understand it, a direct mail campaign should be for about 6 to 8 months where you monthly mail out to the same people.   Is that what you are doing and if so how far along are you into the campaign? 

  • Wendy PattonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 859 posts · 350 votes
    10y

    I look forward to seeing you at the next monthly meeting, Ryan! Please say hello.

    Michigan Real Estate Investors533 Reviews
  • Investor · Harrison Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 131 posts · 45 votes
    10y

    @Jim Bowser It could vary a bit depending on who you're mailing to, but that's generally the idea. We were about 4 months in on our previous list with our smaller budget. We're currently in our second month with the larger mailings since we partnered up with that other investor. 

    We actually just sent out a batch a couple of days ago and we had several calls yesterday and a website lead. It's always good to see response. We have a couple showings scheduled on Monday to see some properties, and some more analyzing to do on the other calls before we go out to the houses.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chesterfield, MI · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 35 votes
    10y
    That's great that you're starting to have some real success with your mailings. I'm sure that you will have even more success as additional months mailings go out as well. Continued good luck to you and hopefully we'll meet up sometime at one of the local REI meetings-I try to go to as many as I can.
  • Professional · Farmington, MI · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hi @Ryan York,

    I am an attorney who specializes in working with Investors in Michigan, so feel free to reach out as needed.

  • Mike SpicaPro Member
    Realtor · Clinton Twp, MI · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    We're a wholesale company in the Metro Detroit area. We actively market in Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne Counties. We deal with properties in Detroit as well. Single and multi families and small apartments. Please feel free to inbox if you'd like to connect!! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.