Real Estate Law Course

Real Estate Law Course

Rental Property Investor · New Braunfels, TX · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 5 votes

I work at a university and they offer a Real Estate Law course that I've been looking at taking for a while.  Do you think a class would be needed or could I just read more about it?  I know that's hard to answer but two things I'm weighing.  

One, a structured course would be better for me because I get distracted by other stuff too easily and may not focus well enough to actually learn. 

The other is the incredibly onerous process that I'd have to go through to get readmitted to the university.  Back in the good old day, I could easily sign up for a class when I wanted to take something (I have a masters already so I'm not looking for another degree, just pursuing interests).   I guess a large part of my reluctance is simply that I know how much easier it used to be and I'm resisting jumping through all the hoops now.

Is it likely to be worth the effort?

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 969 votes
    10y

    I am currently taking RE Appraisal, Fundamentals, and Law at a local community college so I can get my RE License. This is just my opinion, but we are basically learning the exact same thing in all 3 class, with RE Law being the most boring. Also, a lot of the "rules" we are learning in the class seem more like guidelines because most of the things we are learning, I know for a fact, investors are doing the opposite.

    I would recommend taking the RE fundamentals class instead, that one is at least marginally more interesting.

    PM me if you have any additional questions!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.