How to run comps on this deal?

How to run comps on this deal?

Real Estate Investor · Norton, MA · Member since 2008 · 28 posts · 0 votes

I have a pretty good lead for a small peninsula on the East coast. It is owned by siblings, and a few of the siblings want their money. They have tried for awhile to sell it on their own without success.

It seems like a possible wholesale with huge potential. However, they are good friends with some of my good friends, and so I want to be careful not to offend anyone with the offer. I will also disclose all of my intentions to make sure everyone is satisfied, and no one thinks I am "pulling a fast one on them."

It is undeveloped land, some of which is marshy. Not sure about the zoning, if any. There is the potential to build a good amount of waterfront properties as long as it is zoned properly. Given that it is a very unique piece of land, how would you run comps and determine a reasonable price for it?

0Reply
26 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Coach · Oakton, VA · Member since 2008 · 695 posts · 43 votes
    18y

    Make sure you figure out the wetland situation first. I own several arcres out west and about have of it is wetlands and useless for now.

  • Anderson, SC · Member since 2008 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    You might try the county tax info for some similar comps.. Also check the zoning, the wetland and lake or waterfront restrictions, dockable, etc.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.