What strategy are you focusing on in 2025?

What strategy are you focusing on in 2025?

Rene HosmanPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes

What strategies are BP investors focusing on in 2025?

Hey BiggerPockets Community,

As we kick off 2025, I’m curious to hear from investors across the board—what strategies are you focusing on this year, where are you implementing them, and why?

Real estate is always evolving, and what works in one market might not work in another. Are you doubling down on short-term rentals in tourist-heavy areas, pivoting to long-term rentals in growing suburban markets, diving into value-add multifamily properties, or exploring something completely different?

I’m especially interested in the "why" behind your approach. Is it tied to changes in the market, a response to new regulations, or part of a long-term plan? And if you’re targeting specific regions, what makes those areas attractive for your strategy?

Let’s learn from each other—whether you’re just starting out or refining your approach after years of investing, I’d love to hear about the strategies driving your real estate journey in 2025.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone’s working on this year!

85 votes total

BRRRR
STR
Flip
House-Hack
Multi-fam/Commercial
Other
BiggerPockets
1Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Kerry Noble JrPro Member
Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y

I started doing some lending last year......Bridge loans. Im going to do more of that this year. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    I started doing some lending last year......Bridge loans. Im going to do more of that this year. 

  • Rene HosmanPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    I started doing some lending last year......Bridge loans. Im going to do more of that this year. 


     That's great! Did you read Lend to Live? Or how did you figure out the nuts and bolts of how to do private lending?

    BiggerPockets
  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Rene Hosman:
    Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

    I started doing some lending last year......Bridge loans. Im going to do more of that this year. 


     That's great! Did you read Lend to Live? Or how did you figure out the nuts and bolts of how to do private lending?


     Nope......i heard of it on a podcast though.

    i actually have studied banking and economics for the last year and a half. The house of Morgan, the history of central banking and the enslavement of mankind, etc. As well as studied some of the great bankers like the medici, Jakob fugger, august Belmont, moses taylor, the warburgs, Hjamler Schacht, Montague norman, so on and so forth.......

  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    1y

    I'm focusing on the BRRRLO strategy. It's the BRRRR with the lease option rather than just rent. I find that it produces better returns and work great to trade up and accelerate wealth building.

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Shiloh Lundahl:

    I'm focusing on the BRRRLO strategy. It's the BRRRR with the lease option rather than just rent. I find that it produces better returns and work great to trade up and accelerate wealth building.

    That’s a great strategy. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y

    funding land flippers as a capital partner is my latest thing.. since finding lenders for land is very difficult.

    continue to fund small developers soft costs for % ownership.

    and continue to be capital partner for flippers and BRRR folks

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Build - Rent - Refinance - Repeat the new BRRR with also hotel development and growing our land entitlement side. hotel development is simple, easy, and has institutional level backing. we really like extended stay development and just came from a hotel conference in Los Angeles. hope to close a few deals this year over 10 million

  • Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    I'll continue the strategy I've been using for the last 2-3 years, building small apartment buildings. This is more or less like BRRR where I can refinance after renting them out for as much as the cost to build. The thing I'll be changing is the financing I've been doing with a local bank, which has been a bit slow and cumbersome. This year I may see if if I can get a construction loan to build 20-30 apartments, then refinance with an asset based lender.

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Eric James:

    I'll continue the strategy I've been using for the last 2-3 years, building small apartment buildings. This is more or less like BRRR where I can refinance after renting them out for as much as the cost to build. The thing I'll be changing is the financing I've been doing with a local bank, which has been a bit slow and cumbersome. This year I may see if if I can get a construction loan to build 20-30 apartments, then refinance with an asset based lender.


     what markets? we are doing similar but hotel / extended stay valuations are almost double apartments. Miami FL mostly for this strategy since rents are so high and land is so high we have 2 infill I'd love to know if you've done this 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.