Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 137 posts · 42 votes
Hi everyone,
What type of weather damages do you see in Kansas City? For example, in California, we have earthquake and foundational issues. In Atlanta, some areas tends to have flood. If the temperature goes below freezing point, pipes might burst.
What are the issues to pay attention to in Kansas City? What leads to the highest repair cost?
What type of weather damages do you see in Kansas City? For example, in California, we have earthquake and foundational issues. In Atlanta, some areas tends to have flood. If the temperature goes below freezing point, pipes might burst.
What are the issues to pay attention to in Kansas City? What leads to the highest repair cost?
I'm in Iowa and while not KC, I think the factors are probably similar being in the Midwest. The biggest devastating factor I would say is tornados. However, the likelihood is low. On a more common event list, would be hail, flooding and wind damage (trees esp.). I would think your insurance agent might have access to some historical information for a specific area as they would want to examine this closely for their underwriting.