How do I stop the off market buyer calls

How do I stop the off market buyer calls

Investor · Emeryville, CA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 11 votes

Hi,

I have some rental properties and I'm getting 5-6 calls a day soliciting me for an off-market deal to buy my property. It's incredibly annoying and disruptive and I just want it to stop. Can anyone give me tips on what I can do here? Is there something I need to do to get my phone number and name disassociated with these properties or at least made private?

Thanks!

1Reply
80 views

Most Popular Reply

Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
1y

I make an appointment with them to see the house , and I never show up 

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    @Jen Anderson

    hi. i get these calls and lots of postcards as well.  i just ignore them.

  • Investor · Emeryville, CA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    1y

    me too but it's getting out of hand- 5 to 6 calls a day. I will be in meetings and if my ringer was left on it's just constant. Surely there's a way to avoid it?

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jen Anderson:

    me too but it's getting out of hand- 5 to 6 calls a day. I will be in meetings and if my ringer was left on it's just constant. Surely there's a way to avoid it?

    No.  I assume your number and address is listed with rental listings, which is where your callers are getting them from.  My suggestion would be to go back to your rental listings, and make a comment that the properties are not for sale.
  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    I make an appointment with them to see the house , and I never show up 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y

    @Jen Anderson

    I have fun with them. Tel them you sold it and then start asking them random questions that make me seem like I am totally insane

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Flipper/Rehabber · CA · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    A chat bot to tie them up?

    there's another thread going on, on how to telemarket property owners lol.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 826 posts · 810 votes
    1y

    @Jen Anderson how about get google voice number for your rentals and screen that line. You shouldn’t ever need to answer a voice call for your rental.

    You can also consider silencing your phone and only allow known contacts to ring through. You can’t stop folks from calling so best to figure out a solution on your end.

  • Joshua JanusBusiness Member
    Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jen Anderson:

    Hi,

    I have some rental properties and I'm getting 5-6 calls a day soliciting me for an off-market deal to buy my property. It's incredibly annoying and disruptive and I just want it to stop. Can anyone give me tips on what I can do here? Is there something I need to do to get my phone number and name disassociated with these properties or at least made private?

    Thanks!


     Put your number on the national do not call list. 

    https://www.donotcall.gov/

    Takes 2-3 months to kick in. You will thank yourself it cuts down the calls by 90% in my experience. 

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Joshua Janus:
    Quote from @Jen Anderson:

    Hi,

    I have some rental properties and I'm getting 5-6 calls a day soliciting me for an off-market deal to buy my property. It's incredibly annoying and disruptive and I just want it to stop. Can anyone give me tips on what I can do here? Is there something I need to do to get my phone number and name disassociated with these properties or at least made private?

    Thanks!


     Put your number on the national do not call list. 

    https://www.donotcall.gov/

    Takes 2-3 months to kick in. You will thank yourself it cuts down the calls by 90% in my experience. 

    Temporary.  There are many ways to get around it, faster than it kicks in.
  • Joshua JanusBusiness Member
    Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Joe Villeneuve:
    Quote from @Joshua Janus:
    Quote from @Jen Anderson:

    Hi,

    I have some rental properties and I'm getting 5-6 calls a day soliciting me for an off-market deal to buy my property. It's incredibly annoying and disruptive and I just want it to stop. Can anyone give me tips on what I can do here? Is there something I need to do to get my phone number and name disassociated with these properties or at least made private?

    Thanks!


     Put your number on the national do not call list. 

    https://www.donotcall.gov/

    Takes 2-3 months to kick in. You will thank yourself it cuts down the calls by 90% in my experience. 

    Temporary.  There are many ways to get around it, faster than it kicks in.

     What do you suggest?

    I did it 2 years ago. rarely get cold called/texted on tons of parcels owned. 

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Joshua Janus:
    Quote from @Joe Villeneuve:
    Quote from @Joshua Janus:
    Quote from @Jen Anderson:

    Hi,

    I have some rental properties and I'm getting 5-6 calls a day soliciting me for an off-market deal to buy my property. It's incredibly annoying and disruptive and I just want it to stop. Can anyone give me tips on what I can do here? Is there something I need to do to get my phone number and name disassociated with these properties or at least made private?

    Thanks!


     Put your number on the national do not call list. 

    https://www.donotcall.gov/

    Takes 2-3 months to kick in. You will thank yourself it cuts down the calls by 90% in my experience. 

    Temporary.  There are many ways to get around it, faster than it kicks in.

     What do you suggest?

    I did it 2 years ago. rarely get cold called/texted on tons of parcels owned. 

    Caller ID.  IF you don't know the number or the caller, don't answer and block.  If the call is important, they can leave a message and/or text, and state that in your answering message.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.