Tell me about your first ever real estate deal.

Tell me about your first ever real estate deal.

Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 120 posts · 77 votes

Tell me about your first real estate deal how did you find it ?was it a house hack?what did you learn? Was it profitable?


the first property I purchased was in Cleveland back in 2005 a single family that I purchased for  22k cash and i rehabbed it after work and on weekends this property was in the hood I put 12k in it put a tenant in and sold it for 79k to investor who an real estate agent referred me. 

0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    In Bigger Pockets Podcast #82, I talked about my first purchase.  Bought it at an auction, property was owned by the statem paid $27,000.  Didn't pay rent or mortgage for 6 months, and then 100% financed.  first moved in and house hacked bedrooms, then rented the whole house and moved out. Eventially sold for $99,999.  House was 17 years old all brick rnach house with Andersen windows, solid hardwood floors, gas heat, ceramic tile baths and a new 6 month old roof. 

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 120 posts · 77 votes
    1y

    @david9 ok  I’m have to check it the podcast. Cool story too.

  • Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    @Andre Brock  Since that first purchase, the first 11 properties I bought were  all 100% financed as I had no money.  And subsequently I bought and sold over 1,000 properties for my own inventory, and the last 100+ properties  were bought 100% cash.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.