Marketing Career --> RE Investor

Marketing Career --> RE Investor

Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes

I just accepted a job as a marketing coordinator for a local RE agency franchise office, at 21yo, a recent college grad. I want to begin investing with a house hack, but more generally use this position (with it specifically being in the RE industry) as a jumping-off point for a career in investing, eventually full-time. 

I know I should be networking with agents, etc. - but can anybody help me brainstorm some less obvious ways I can leverage being involved at a RE agency to kickstart my investing career? 

So far I can think of: 

 - Using agency resources to get my RE license

 - Trying to make connections with agents who work with investors (as opposed to typical homebuyers) 

 - Learning the local market through osmosis/exposure

Any ideas and/or insights would be well appreciated. Thanks! 
 

0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Northeast PA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    @Paul Harris,

    Congratulations on starting your real estate adventure!  

    Ways to learn about real estate:  

    1. Connect with an experienced agent and shadow them--maybe offer to drive them to/from appointments. Ask questions, maybe they will let you sit in on a presentation. 

    2. Get out in your spare time and inspect the available listings--product knowledge is one of the major keys to unlocking success. 

    3. See if you can attend a few closings so you can see how that process unfolds. 

    4. When you are out and about, start a conversation with homeowners about the neighborhood. When you see someone outside working on their garden, say hello and engage with them about real estate. 

    5. Attend open houses.

    Hope some of these suggestions might help you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.