Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Annoh
Votes |
Looking for Detroit REI Meetup groups

Ryan Annoh
Posted May 21 2024, 21:02

Hello everyone. I am looking to join a Detroit REI meetup group and was wondering if anyone has a good group they are currently apart of or have been apart of in the past. Thank you and happy investing!

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit
Property Manager
Agent
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied May 22 2024, 04:53

@Ryan Annoh not sure what you mean by "meetup group" as you can search on Meetup.com for those.

Recommend you look into; Oakland REIA, MREI, Wayne REIA and Renegade Detroit Investors.

User Stats

Votes
Travis Biziorek
  • Investor
  • Arroyo Grande, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Arroyo Grande, CA
Replied May 22 2024, 15:24

Hey Ryan, when I lived in the area (2017-2022) I tried out a handful of meetups. My favorite was the Detroit Renegades. Google it and you'll find them. They meet every month and it's great.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Jenkins
Property Manager
Votes |
Property Manager
Replied May 23 2024, 08:10
Quote from @Ryan Annoh:

Hello everyone. I am looking to join a Detroit REI meetup group and was wondering if anyone has a good group they are currently apart of or have been apart of in the past. Thank you and happy investing!

There are a number of great ones to choose from... Renegades meets in Southfield at Telegraph and 10 Mile at Shields Pizzeria on the second Tuesday of each month from around 6-9 pm.  There are lots of deals to be had at each meeting.

There is another one based off of the FB group Metro Detroit Real Estate Investors which meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at Mcveighs Pub in Troy from about 6-10.  Fewer deals but incredible networking.

On the west side (suburbs of Canton and Ypsi) there are two more smaller ones.  Feel free to PM me with what you're looking for and I'll try to point you in the right direction.  Good luck investing!!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Annoh
Votes |
Replied May 27 2024, 21:46
Quote from @Travis Biziorek:

Hey Ryan, when I lived in the area (2017-2022) I tried out a handful of meetups. My favorite was the Detroit Renegades. Google it and you'll find them. They meet every month and it's great.

Thank you Travis, much appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Annoh
Votes |
Replied May 27 2024, 21:47
Quote from @Kenneth Jenkins:
Quote from @Ryan Annoh:

There are a number of great ones to choose from... Renegades meets in Southfield at Telegraph and 10 Mile at Shields Pizzeria on the second Tuesday of each month from around 6-9 pm.  There are lots of deals to be had at each meeting.

There is another one based off of the FB group Metro Detroit Real Estate Investors which meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at Mcveighs Pub in Troy from about 6-10.  Fewer deals but incredible networking.

On the west side (suburbs of Canton and Ypsi) there are two more smaller ones.  Feel free to PM me with what you're looking for and I'll try to point you in the right direction.  Good luck investing!!

Thank you Kenneth, I will definitely reach out! I appreciate the guidance