General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Victor Nguyen
Votes |
Question About Real Estate Investing as a Whole

Victor Nguyen
Posted May 9 2024, 11:05

I am a rookie and trying to buy my first rental property to start my real estate portfolio. I have some questions about real estate that I just can't seem to understand. I am currently working with a real estate agent and they are sending me a bunch of really good deals on the market. I know that there are really good deals listing on the market every single day, but f there are so many great deals, why aren't they all getting bought up instantly when they go on the market by avid real estate investors? Is it because they know something that beginners don't? Is it because they do not have the capital and the funds to buy 20 deals in a year? Can someone please explain this to me

User Stats

Votes
Henry Clark
Pro Member
#2 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Replied May 9 2024, 11:09

Show what is considered a good deal.  Without the details no analysis is possible. 

User Stats

Votes
David Bilandzija
  • Lender
  • Venice, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Venice, CA
Replied May 9 2024, 11:12

@Victor Nguyen Try attending local real estate meetups.  The chances are high you will meet other house flippers that can offer insight.  Lean on their experience.  

NMB logo
NMB
|
Sponsored
Point. Click. Approved. Investor Focused Lender. Instant PreQual letters, Rapid Refinances, 13k+ 4.85 Star Reviews & $550 lender credit available now

User Stats

Votes
Tony Savage
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Diego, CA
Replied May 10 2024, 08:38

Really good deals don't sit on the market very long Victor.

User Stats

Votes
Kristine Ann
  • Investor
  • WNY/CNY/Adirondacks, New York State
Votes |
  • Investor
  • WNY/CNY/Adirondacks, New York State
Replied May 10 2024, 09:33

You are right to be skeptical.  When you say "deal" do you mean "cheap?"  Just because a house is cheap, doesn't make it a good deal. A good deal is snapped up quickly and won't be on the market for long, if at all.

User Stats

Votes
Preston Dean
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied May 16 2024, 12:06

@Victor Nguyen

After working with many investors I have realized that everyone has a different criteria. Just like some people prefer pick up trucks to cars or Chevy to Ford. One investor might think its a good fit for them and their situation while another investor won't. 

Stick to your criteria and buy box and stay focused on what you want