Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Julie Gates
Property Manager
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
Streamlining Real Estate Investments with Virtual Assistants

Julie Gates
Property Manager
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Savannah, GA
Posted Jan 13 2024, 19:21

Being successful in real estate investing is no easy thing – it's not just about mastering facts; it demands a toll on physical, emotional, and philosophical levels. Amid the chaos of decision-making around buying, selling, renting, or rehabbing, investors often find themselves seeking ways to simplify their operations. While employees can be a valuable asset, they also come with a hefty price tag.

In my journey as a real estate investor, I discovered a game-changer – virtual assistants. These remote workers, scattered across the globe from the Philippines to Egypt, offer diverse skills and language proficiencies. Some business owners have found success hiring assistants from South America, benefiting from similar time zones and language capabilities.

The turning point for me was enrolling in a course on hiring and managing virtual assistants, created by Anna Li. Li began hiring virtual assistants to scale a thriving wholesaling company in Philadelphia. At the time, she was living and working full time in Switzerland. She later leveraged her experience to teach others how to harness the potential of virtual assistants globally.

One crucial lesson I learned was the importance of timing. My initial hire, working from 5 pm to 3 am, was aimed to provide me with more family time. Unfortunately, having a new employee during these hours forced me to also train during family time. I also realized that if I didn’t leave my assistant with enough tasks, they ended up sitting around for hours with nothing to do and no one to ask for help. My next hire worked during business hours, aligning with peak activity times and supporting other team members who were also balancing growing responsibilities.

I have spoken with many entrepreneurs who are opposed to using virtual assistants on many levels. As someone who has hired and worked with many, I’ll tell you that these employment opportunities are great for both sides, just as every business transaction should be. Many of the virtual assistants that I have hired have told me stories about getting yelled at constantly (one worked at Comcast, if you can imagine) and almost all of them have had stories of either not getting paid, or not ever knowing when they would get paid. Like you and me, they want to do a good job and be rewarded for it. They want to take care of their families and better themselves.

Over the years, my virtual assistants have become an integral part of my team, very much like family. Despite skepticism from some entrepreneurs, my experience emphasizes the mutual benefits of these employment opportunities, which every business transaction should be based on. Virtual assistants, like any employee, seek fair treatment, timely payment, and a chance to excel.

As your business expands, consider virtual assistants as an option. Virtual assistants can handle calls, texts, appointment scheduling, and more, contributing to increased efficiency. My advice is to hire thoughtfully, offering a full-time position even if the workload is initially light. Guaranteeing steady pay attracts top candidates, and services like those provided by professionals such as Li can enhance your success.

Consistency is key – create a work environment that you would want to show up to every day. Virtual assistants can be a valuable asset, streamlining your real estate investments and contributing to the growth of your business.

Loading replies...