New to cleveland, looking for first house hack deal

New to cleveland, looking for first house hack deal

Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 7 votes

Greetings to all! 

SO i pulled the tigger, left San Antonio Texas 1 week ago to start my REI journey here in Cleveland. I am currently staying in a room in the west boulevard area on an airbnb extended stay ready to purchase. Ive been analyzing deals for a month now and finally started to drive around all the pockets and areas on the westside of Cleveland. I have funds ready, lenders ready & an agent. As for most i have read tons of books, hours and hours of podcast & also took a mastermind class. For some reason, I am over analyzing everything now that i am here. Some of the properties I have analyzed ( conservatively ) have great returns fitting my goals but the areas are c- ish. Househacking is forcing me to live in these areas. A lot of duplexes are sitting on the market now for some time. feeling stagnanted on my first move.

Any tips or advice? I have realistic expectations on my first deal as i know it is a catalyst for everything to come. I just need to move the needle and i am ready !

also are there any meetups or networking events happening round the city. I know i need to and want too be around more investors who are at my level and above. Surrounding myself with likeminded individuals.  

thank you !

2Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Strongsville, OH · Member since 2016 · 303 posts · 217 votes
3y

Check out Greater Cleveland REIA - there are regularly monthly meetings and some off schedule ones. The REIA also runs a 6 week education course that may give you some extra knowledge and contacts specific to the CLE area. The classes are free if you join and membership is ridiculously cheap.

It's a great group and I have made tons of connections there - any issues you have someone in that room has already dealt with it and has the answer. 

There are some other groups around town but the names don't come to mind at the moment. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2023 · 13 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    Louie, wow way to make the jump! it sounds like you know everything you need to know, and your first deal will be great when it comes. 

    I'm not sure of any meet-up events in the cleveland area but if you hear let me know always looking to learn and network! 


    Best of luck,

    Joe

  • Specialist · Strongsville, OH · Member since 2016 · 303 posts · 217 votes
    3y

    Check out Greater Cleveland REIA - there are regularly monthly meetings and some off schedule ones. The REIA also runs a 6 week education course that may give you some extra knowledge and contacts specific to the CLE area. The classes are free if you join and membership is ridiculously cheap.

    It's a great group and I have made tons of connections there - any issues you have someone in that room has already dealt with it and has the answer. 

    There are some other groups around town but the names don't come to mind at the moment. 

  • Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 96 posts · 74 votes
    3y

    @Jad Boudiab can assist you with all your needs. Investor friendly and pro.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.