Any investors in Lakeland florida?

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    @Justin King is an investor-friendly agent in Lakeland and a good guy. Don't forget me when you go to finance it! Good luck!

  • Realtor · FL · Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Thanks @Doug Smith

    Michael, I've lived the Lakeland area for almost 10 years and was a Police Officer here for 5 of them. I know the area very well from both a real estate and general knowledge standpoint. I'd be happy to answer any questions for you. 

    Justin King
    Realtor | Investor | Veteran
    Impact Realty Tampa Bay

  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    3y

    I love the Lakeland market.  It's become popular so it's not as easy to find great deals as it once was but we are still buying.  What will your niche be?
    Why are you looking at Lakeland? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2023 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Michael, Lakeland is a good area! To be clear, you're looking to buy a place and then rent it out? Any idea of how many rooms, baths etc you'd like? Feel free to send me a message if you'd like.
  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Adrian Smude:

    I love the Lakeland market.  It's become popular so it's not as easy to find great deals as it once was but we are still buying.  What will your niche be?
    Why are you looking at Lakeland? 

    Hi Adrian, I'd love to connect. I'm looking in Lakeland because it's more affordable than the Orlando market. Its still close enough for me to manage in my own.

    im looking at new construction with incentives to close. One big incentive for me is fixed lowered interest rates that manau builders are offering now. 
  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Monello:
    Quote from @Adrian Smude:

    I love the Lakeland market.  It's become popular so it's not as easy to find great deals as it once was but we are still buying.  What will your niche be?
    Why are you looking at Lakeland? 

    Hi Adrian, I'd love to connect. I'm looking in Lakeland because it's more affordable than the Orlando market. Its still close enough for me to manage in my own.

    im looking at new construction with incentives to close. One big incentive for me is fixed lowered interest rates that manau builders are offering now. 
    @Michael Monello If you are looking for new construction, there are several builders that typically have inventory homes (ones that are move-in ready or close to being finished). Generally the incentives are good on these, but they are primarily for owner occupied homes, not investors. They will buy your rate down and/or pay most of your closing costs. You also have to use their in house lender to get those incentives. 
    Happy to talk more about this if you like. Best of luck to you. 
  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Monello:
    Quote from @Adrian Smude:

    I love the Lakeland market.  It's become popular so it's not as easy to find great deals as it once was but we are still buying.  What will your niche be?
    Why are you looking at Lakeland? 

    Hi Adrian, I'd love to connect. I'm looking in Lakeland because it's more affordable than the Orlando market. Its still close enough for me to manage in my own.

    im looking at new construction with incentives to close. One big incentive for me is fixed lowered interest rates that manau builders are offering now. 

    I like those reasons. I asked because a lot of people throw a dart at the map or pick lakeland because they read it in an article about being a great place to invest. 

    @Gavin Welch does new builds, is an investor, and realtor in the lakeland market  you should connect with him! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.