Do you know Rose Circle in the Historic West End Atlanta ?

Do you know Rose Circle in the Historic West End Atlanta ?

Investor · Atlanta · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 2 votes

Hi, 

I am a new member looking for advice on a house in the Historic West End Atlanta.  I have a house on Rose Circle, just across the road from Rose Circle Park.  Sadly, the old tenant has left a squatter and now we are in the process of evicting them.  

My plan was to keep renting the house, however, the property manager has given us an estimate upwards of 30k in repairs for it to be in rentable condition again. 

With this in mind, I am wondering if I should fix it and sell it, rather than rent it again. I might have to spend more than originally estimated, hence I am looking for advice.

I am being told that Rose Circle (across the road from Lee + White) is not that great at the moment.  So I am i wondering if anyone is familiar with the area and in particular with this street.  I am being told that in five years, it will become a lot more attractive.  Will it be smarter to just do the bare minimum work to keep renting it for a few more years?

The house is a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom house at the moment.

Any thoughts would be very appreciated. 

Thanks!

Monica

1Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 16 votes
    2y

    Hey @Monica Duran I hope you're making some progress with the squatter. I hope you also filed that eviction yourself vs. with an attorney- the city of Atlanta has a much longer schedule for evictions if you file with an attorney (crazy, I know). You can still have an attorney represent you at the hearing and guide you on the paperwork, but just shouldn't have them file it.

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 16 votes
    2y

    That being said, I am happy to talk through the deal with you if you're still figuring out what to do.

  • Investor · Atlanta · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Thansk Aaron, I should have seen this earlier... we filed through an attorney and took months but squatters are out.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.