New to area, have Capitol, but only book knowledge in real estate

New to area, have Capitol, but only book knowledge in real estate

Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 7 votes

Hi, I’m new to Greenville. I’ve spent a lot of time reading and researching about real estate investing but just haven’t gotten up the courage to make that first move. I have a lot of capital and would be interested in meeting up and working with others to make a few deals. Particularly in the Laurens area but also interested anywhere upstate. 

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y

Hi Kyle, Most people that are starting out come on and ask how to get started with nothing to offer. Cash is king, so you're really in a good position. My advice is to parter with someone that's been successful on the past doing flips and use your capital to barter for experience. I wish you were in looking in West Florida because I would totally hook you up. Do a JV with a strong Operating Agreement with someone that brings the construction and property acquisition experience to the table. You're in a great spot, unlike most people, to get started. Best of luck.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Hi Kyle, Most people that are starting out come on and ask how to get started with nothing to offer. Cash is king, so you're really in a good position. My advice is to parter with someone that's been successful on the past doing flips and use your capital to barter for experience. I wish you were in looking in West Florida because I would totally hook you up. Do a JV with a strong Operating Agreement with someone that brings the construction and property acquisition experience to the table. You're in a great spot, unlike most people, to get started. Best of luck.

  • Real Estate Agent · Greenville, SC · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Hi Kyle,

    I am a realtor and investor here in Greenville and I specialize in helping investors (especially investors starting out) and would love to connect!

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kyle Nield:

    Hi, I’m new to Greenville. I’ve spent a lot of time reading and researching about real estate investing but just haven’t gotten up the courage to make that first move. I have a lot of capital and would be interested in meeting up and working with others to make a few deals. Particularly in the Laurens area but also interested anywhere upstate. 


     You should join Local Real Estate Association that has over 600 members. We are a Non profit and we provide education. See UpstateCreia site.

    We have a Great speaker coming to our next Main meeting that just published his second book.

  • Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2012 · 214 posts · 194 votes
    3y

    @Kyle Nield  Hi Kyle - I have numerous (multifamily) investments in the Upstate/SC and I'm bullish on the region.  I live in NC but my business partners are local to Greenville and would be happy to meet/talk with you.  PM me if you's like an intro.   regards, Dan R.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.