Real Estate Agent · MO · Member since 2022 · 33 posts · 10 votes
I am currently trying to hear everyones stories about their investment journey. If you have been investing for awhile I would love to hear how you started, how its going, your biggest downfall, and the things you wish you had never done. For New investors I would love to hear what you think will be important on your mission to becoming an investor. I would also love to hear why you started and what could help you through your journey.
*First investment property was a vineyard that we purchased with family. Owned it for five years, made money when we sold it and have lots of great family memories.
*Biggest regret was selling a home that we bought a few years ago. The mortgage was super low and it would be making good money for us now. My husband wanted to keep it but I didn't at the time
*Biggest downfall (for my husband at least.lol) is that we have lost out on some good deals because I never make an offer on a property that my buyers would like. They get first chance and if they don't like it then we consider it. Drives my husband crazy! He says that he is a customer too but I told him that doesn't count. I feel like my clients need to really know that I put their interests first which means that we have lost out on some really good deals. But I have no regrets.
*First investment property was a vineyard that we purchased with family. Owned it for five years, made money when we sold it and have lots of great family memories.
*Biggest regret was selling a home that we bought a few years ago. The mortgage was super low and it would be making good money for us now. My husband wanted to keep it but I didn't at the time
*Biggest downfall (for my husband at least.lol) is that we have lost out on some good deals because I never make an offer on a property that my buyers would like. They get first chance and if they don't like it then we consider it. Drives my husband crazy! He says that he is a customer too but I told him that doesn't count. I feel like my clients need to really know that I put their interests first which means that we have lost out on some really good deals. But I have no regrets.
I think you biggest downfall, is what sets you apart from other agents, Finding that kind of honesty is hard to find and Im sure it has created some strong reoccurring relationships