Kansas City Investor Virtual Get Together (Trying to coordinate/create)

Kansas City Investor Virtual Get Together (Trying to coordinate/create)

Investor · Member since 2022 · 157 posts · 162 votes

Hey all, I've been buying investment properties in KC metro for about the past year and so far I've picked up some duplexes and a SFR. I live in CA (San Francisco Bay Area) and have visited KC and connected with an agent that I work well with. I watch the threads here and see there are active members taking action in the market... thinking there is an opportunity to :

* Meet other investors, swap information on what people are up to/working on.

* Get "boots on the ground insight" from other investors.

* Meet other investors that may have similar interest and may be open to taking down deals/properties as partners.

If nothing else it will be a value add to connect with other investors and share learnings and insight. I'm finding that with properties staying on the market longer, I'm putting in aggressive offers and getting traction... partnering with others to take down properties while there is more buyer leverage would be amazing given the landscape.

Please respond here or message me if you're interested, I'd really like to get something on the books. Looking forward to connecting.

5Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

David NutakorPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Palmdale, CA · Member since 2016 · 122 posts · 88 votes
3y

Good idea, George. I have a few properties in the KCMO area and would like to meet other investors in the KC area. Please keep me posted on the proposed virtual meeting.

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Eugene, OR · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 7 votes
    3y

    I'm definitely interested in this.  I'm attracted to this market and also remote, living in Oregon. 

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    Hi! New to investing. Would love to join as a way to meet other investors. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Santa Maria, CA · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    @George Red

    I’m from the area, but have been away for about a decade. Looking to invest in the local Kansas City market as well. Would love to join.

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    @George Red

    Great idea! I was an out of state investor for years in KC from CA (San Diego and then LA). When the pandemic hit I couldn’t take CA anymore, so I moved to KC! If you do this via zoom would love to join. 

  • David NutakorPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Palmdale, CA · Member since 2016 · 122 posts · 88 votes
    3y

    Good idea, George. I have a few properties in the KCMO area and would like to meet other investors in the KC area. Please keep me posted on the proposed virtual meeting.

  • Investor · Shawnee, KS · Member since 2022 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    3y

    Sounds like an awesome idea! Love to join :)

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 157 posts · 162 votes
    3y

    Glad to hear so many people are interested in putting heads together. Quick poll... I realize getting calendars synced can be an issue so quick feedback and I'll do my best to make it as accessible as possible. Preference for week day or a weekend and preference for morning or evening. I'll get some feedback and put a Zoom meeting together. Feel free to reply here in the thread or message me.

    Looking forward to connecting and I always feel there is power in numbers and this can be a value add for all parties. @Jarred Bowman @Paulina L. @Matthew Sweeney @Lee Ripma @David Nutakor @Jewell Vold



    - George

  • Investor · Eugene, OR · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @George Red:

    Glad to hear so many people are interested in putting heads together. Quick poll... I realize getting calendars synced can be an issue so quick feedback and I'll do my best to make it as accessible as possible. Preference for week day or a weekend and preference for morning or evening. I'll get some feedback and put a Zoom meeting together. Feel free to reply here in the thread or message me.

    Looking forward to connecting and I always feel there is power in numbers and this can be a value add for all parties. @Jarred Bowman @Paulina L. @Matthew Sweeney @Lee Ripma @David Nutakor @Jewell Vold



    - George

    I can make it work pretty much anytime but I prefer mornings during the week. 
  • Investor · Shawnee, KS · Member since 2022 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    3y

    I’m super flexible for the most part. Mornings during the week are good for me too!

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 8 votes
    3y
    Quote from @George Red:

    Glad to hear so many people are interested in putting heads together. Quick poll... I realize getting calendars synced can be an issue so quick feedback and I'll do my best to make it as accessible as possible. Preference for week day or a weekend and preference for morning or evening. I'll get some feedback and put a Zoom meeting together. Feel free to reply here in the thread or message me.

    Looking forward to connecting and I always feel there is power in numbers and this can be a value add for all parties. @Jarred Bowman @Paulina L. @Matthew Sweeney @Lee Ripma @David Nutakor @Jewell Vold



    - George


     Thanks, George! I would prefer evenings during the week days and mornings during the weekends. However, if necessarily, I can find time based on majority's schedules. I am also on PST time, not sure what everyone else's time zones may be. Thanks for setting this post up, and looking forward to connecting with you all!

  • David NutakorPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Palmdale, CA · Member since 2016 · 122 posts · 88 votes
    3y
    Quote from @George Red:

    Glad to hear so many people are interested in putting heads together. Quick poll... I realize getting calendars synced can be an issue so quick feedback and I'll do my best to make it as accessible as possible. Preference for week day or a weekend and preference for morning or evening. I'll get some feedback and put a Zoom meeting together. Feel free to reply here in the thread or message me.

    Looking forward to connecting and I always feel there is power in numbers and this can be a value add for all parties. @Jarred Bowman @Paulina L. @Matthew Sweeney @Lee Ripma @David Nutakor @Jewell Vold



    - George

  • David NutakorPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Palmdale, CA · Member since 2016 · 122 posts · 88 votes
    3y

    Evenings during weekdays and mornings during weekends. Thanks for your time, George.

  • Member since 2022 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @George Red:

    Glad to hear so many people are interested in putting heads together. Quick poll... I realize getting calendars synced can be an issue so quick feedback and I'll do my best to make it as accessible as possible. Preference for week day or a weekend and preference for morning or evening. I'll get some feedback and put a Zoom meeting together. Feel free to reply here in the thread or message me.

    Looking forward to connecting and I always feel there is power in numbers and this can be a value add for all parties. @Jarred Bowman @Paulina L. @Matthew Sweeney @Lee Ripma @David Nutakor @Jewell Vold



    - George


     Thanks a lot for putting this together!  I am looking at markets in about 4 states in the that area and KCMO is popping out to me for many reasons.  So I'm glad to see this post come up.

    Weekends are better for me.  Morning or evening.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 95 posts · 119 votes
    3y

    @George Red awesome idea, count me in!

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    I would love to join this zoom chat, keep me posted please!

  • Diane ForgyPro Member
    Investor · Leawood, KS · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    I would be interested in participating.  My schedule for a Zoom is fairly flexible.  Thank you!

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 400 posts · 278 votes
    3y

    This sounds great! I was an oos investor for about a year before moving here so I'm local. Interested in the group @George Red

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 157 posts · 162 votes
    3y

    Hey all, thinking it's not best practice to post a zoom link here in the forums. Putting the initial connect together for Feb 11th at 9AM PST, I'll reach out to connect with each of you directly to get your emails to send the Zoom. If we're already connected feel free to shoot me your email as well. Sorry it's a ways out but my anniversary is next weekend... priorities!

    Looking forward to connecting.

    @Jarred Bowman @Paulina L. @Matthew Sweeney @Lee Ripma @David Nutakor @Jewell Vold @Beck H. @Alex Gunnerson @Jhenyn Aquino @Diane Forgy @Justin Moy

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 18 votes
    3y

    Not sure if this has happened yet, but I'm a KC investor and would love to jump on!

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2021 · 32 posts · 28 votes
    3y

    I'd love to join as well, let me know how I can be apart of this.

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    I have lived in KC for years and my husband and I are looking to make the jump and invest in the area later this year, but I'd love to connect with everyone as we are working towards this! Count 

  • John CoffmanPro Member
    Contractor · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Hi all, I've been investing in the KCMO market for a few years and would be happy to share our experiences if anyone has questions. Live in Denver and invest here as well. 

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 157 posts · 162 votes
    3y

    Hey all, still on for next Saturday 2/11/23 at 9AM PST.  I'm working on how to send out the Zoom link without getting flagged in the BP system. Hoping to get it sent out later today and if for some reason it gets flagged my email is in my profile if you reach out to me there I can share it... I'm not 100% on policy of posting zoom links or personal email directly in forums.

    If we're connected and your email is in your profile I'm pulling that information together to send the meeting information there too. Looking forward to next weekend.

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 157 posts · 162 votes
    3y

    Hey all, circling back following the virtual meet-up. It was my first time hosting an event like this and I enjoyed connecting with fellow investors/participants in the KC market. For those who were unable to make it for scheduling reasons, I hope you can make the next one I'll be scheduling for 3/11/23. For those who made it out, thanks for your time, insight and thoughts. For anyone interested that I do not have contact information for, please shoot me your details via DM so I can include you in the next invite.

    Thanks again for those who made it and looking forward to continuing to meet and network with other investors in the market.

  • Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 56 votes
    3y
    Quote from @George Red:

    Hey all, I've been buying investment properties in KC metro for about the past year and so far I've picked up some duplexes and a SFR. I live in CA (San Francisco Bay Area) and have visited KC and connected with an agent that I work well with. I watch the threads here and see there are active members taking action in the market... thinking there is an opportunity to :

    * Meet other investors, swap information on what people are up to/working on.

    * Get "boots on the ground insight" from other investors.

    * Meet other investors that may have similar interest and may be open to taking down deals/properties as partners.

    If nothing else it will be a value add to connect with other investors and share learnings and insight. I'm finding that with properties staying on the market longer, I'm putting in aggressive offers and getting traction... partnering with others to take down properties while there is more buyer leverage would be amazing given the landscape.

    Please respond here or message me if you're interested, I'd really like to get something on the books. Looking forward to connecting.


     Interested, please add me to the list.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.