55K total to put down on a rental in Cleveland

55K total to put down on a rental in Cleveland

Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2021 · 39 posts · 24 votes

Hey guys. I have 55k total to put down on a rental in the Cleveland area. What is my best bang for my buck in the area?(new to the area) Thanks in advance. 

2Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Cosmo DePinto:

Hey guys. I have 55k total to put down on a rental in the Cleveland area. What is my best bang for my buck in the area?(new to the area) Thanks in advance. 


It's really going to depend what you are looking for. Things like your appetite for risk, pain tolerance etc... From there what you'll want to do is match that with properties that fit it.

Take a look at The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods to see what's what and what it's selling for. From there make your match.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Cosmo DePinto:

    Hey guys. I have 55k total to put down on a rental in the Cleveland area. What is my best bang for my buck in the area?(new to the area) Thanks in advance. 


     All the burbs, All you need to do is connect with someone that provides properties 100% hands off, 10% net caps are to be had. However you need closer to 100k, Cash buyers are the most dominate in the Cleveland markets, 

    Good Luck 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Cosmo DePinto:

    Hey guys. I have 55k total to put down on a rental in the Cleveland area. What is my best bang for my buck in the area?(new to the area) Thanks in advance. 


    It's really going to depend what you are looking for. Things like your appetite for risk, pain tolerance etc... From there what you'll want to do is match that with properties that fit it.

    Take a look at The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods to see what's what and what it's selling for. From there make your match.

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 361 votes
    3y

    I will admit. It's a cash buyer's market here. But I've still had some luck with financed offers if you try hard enough. @James Wise linked a great resource in the neighborhood grading map. I'd recommend using that in combination with opinions of others and some on-market browsing to find your target areas. Best of luck!

  • Lender · OH · Member since 2022 · 113 posts · 77 votes
    3y

    Hey, Cosmo, that is a great question.  There are plenty of good areas in and around Cleveland.  I am pretty analytical so I would like to know more about your situation if you'd like to connect!

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    @Shane Kelly

    Hi, Shane. I’d love to pick your brain about deals you’ve gotten financed in the Cleveland area.

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 361 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jamir Walton:

    @Shane Kelly

    Hi, Shane. I’d love to pick your brain about deals you’ve gotten financed in the Cleveland area.


     Shoot me a PM and we can chat!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.